Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Prefix Requests

Widgets Magazine
    Are we missing things? New ones for new seasons that need to be added? Let us know here!
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: Thread Prefix Requests

Well, in the game section consider the idea of the following.

[PS Vita]

[GB]

[GBC]

[GBA]

[Genesis]

[Saturn]

[DC] As in Dreamcast

[NES]

[SNES]

[N64]

Don't ask why I feel we should have tags for systems of long ago. Or why I skipped some. At the very least the Vita makes sense to be added. I mean it is a new system coming out soon and some will be playing it. Not myself yet. I'll wait off, but I'm sure others have it preordered.

In terms of Seasons, I think it's best to prepare them one or two seasons in advance. So having the Winter 2011/2012 prefix ready now that's Autumn 2011 would be good. Granted I suppose part of the wording depends on if you feel Winter starts in December or January.

I wonder if we can come up with a catch all prefix to use for shows of long ago.

Sort of related. Is there a limit to the number of prefixes that the drop down menu can have?
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
    Avatar: Princess Rei of SaGa Frontier

Comment

I added in the PS Vita as it's definitely relevant. not sure about the old ones though; Is there enough discussion for them?
      Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beveridge View Post
        I added in the PS Vita as it's definitely relevant. not sure about the old ones though; Is there enough discussion for them?
        Well, for certain because people tend to move on, the amount of discussion of older games is going to be severely limited by default. So you're more likely to have someone playing Sonic Generations than you are to have someone discussing Sonic and Knuckles. It's just the way things are.

I suppose if worse comes to worse, people can manually create older tags. I myself do on occasion play games of long ago and have also been watching videos of such games. Granted sometimes the real challenge is finding things to say about a game or getting thoughts together.
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

How about a prefix [Old Gen], which could represent the older systems.
          Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
          Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Part of it is that we do want to try and keep the number of prefixes reasonable, so that people don't have to slog through a huge list to find the right thing. It's trying to find a good balance. But feedback is what I need!

Comment

Originally posted by joelgundam01 View Post
              Rather than Old Gen, why not [Retro]?

Obviously not everyone would call things like the Dreamcast or N64 retro, but the SNES and Mega Drive certainly are.
              Part of the Gloveless Armada
              Proudly supporting the Aria Kickstarter.

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jun Kuga View Post
                Originally posted by joelgundam01 View Post
                Rather than Old Gen, why not [Retro]?

Obviously not everyone would call things like the Dreamcast or N64 retro, but the SNES and Mega Drive certainly are.
                Retro does sound fancier, but regardless of which tag is chosen (if any) the idea of a catch-all tag does sound like a good idea. Plus, as mentioned if worse comes to worse, we can always manually add in tags.

It's just a matter of deciding which to go with. Although I will admit if I'm making a thread for a Japanese only game like Romancing SaGa 3 (Which I did), I'll still use SNES even if there technically is no SNES release.

How old does a system have to be before it's considered retro anyway? Is it based on number of generations or the actual age of the system? Or maybe some other factor that I'm overlooking.

I'll admit I did go a bit crazy with the suggestions. It was a case of "So long as I bring up this tag, I should mention that tag" and so on.

Comment

It would be nice to have a R4 DVD prefix for the UK/AU forum. And how about a TV prefix for the US forum?

Comment

How about prefix removal?

Would it be possible to remove prefixes for previous seasons from the dropdown box in General Anime?
                    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                    Vivid Impact!
                    Vividred Operation

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                      How about prefix removal?

Would it be possible to remove prefixes for previous seasons from the dropdown box in General Anime?
                      That was something I was going to bring up at some point as well.

I wonder if it isn't better for the longer term just to have generic [Spring] [Summer] [Autumn] [Winter] prefixes, and people can add the year themselves to the thread title if they so wish.
                      Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                      Casually Reviewing: Blend-S
                      Part of the Gloveless Armada. Join here! (Aria the Animation Dub Kickstarter).

Comment

I do reorg those so that the older ones are towards the bottom so when new threads are started, the current and two upcoming seasons are listed at the top so they can be picked quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                          I suppose this might work best if we remember to make threads in a timely manner. I will admit to being guilty of making for example a Spring 2011 thread during Summer of 2011. Err I had my reasons. To be honest I think part of it is/was deciding which threads to carry over from there to here.

So how soon would the removal be? Would we remove say for example Spring 2012 the second it becomes Summer 2012? I suppose there is also the idea of how some series might have an advance episode. Ie a show may start in Autumn 2012, but have the advance episode during Summer 2012. Just as made up examples.

Comment

I do reorg those so that the older ones are towards the bottom so when new threads are started, the current and two upcoming seasons are listed at the top so they can be picked quickly.
                            Ah, that does make sense. I suppose one thing that also helps is that I doubt we're going to be jumping the gun much. Ie the chances of having Spring 2015 in the drop down box when it's still 2011 is none-existent.

Comment

What about a prefix for conventions thread? Since, there is announcements for BD/DVD/Simulcast/Manga...

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X