Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiencing Slowdowns and 503s on This Site

Widgets Magazine
    I was wondering if the site has been sluggish today or if it is just me. Loading times are longer than usual, and I have been getting 503 errors galore. Seeing that I have been making so many new show threads and having to deal with those annoying Captchas that it has become such a big inconvenience having to deal with so many square clickings only to see blank screens afterwards that I feel compelled to bring up this issue here to bring attention to this problem as it has been going on all day today. So I would like to know what's going on.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: Ghost Hunt, Seraph S2, AOT S2, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Re: Experiencing Slowdowns and 503s on This Site

No, it's not just you. I've been seeing 503s constantly too.

Comment

Looks like everything is fine now. Yesterday, it was such a drag and I wanted to bring this issue to attention in case it continued, which thankfully isn't the case now.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
      Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I don't know if it is connected, but I'm seeing a log of "checking your browser..." interstitials today, when usually that only happens when I first access the site on any given day.

Comment

And now, the Captchas are replaced by something even more problematic as situations that would have otherwise triggered one of these security checks brings up this error:

Sorry, you have been blocked
          You are unable to access fandompost.com
          At least everything else is still fully functional, but now Cloudflare is getting all paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            At least everything else is still fully functional, but now Cloudflare is getting all paranoid.
            I had that same thing happen to me several months ago. There were a few words in an attempted post in the Momokuri thread that set it off (for reasons completely unknown to me) and it went through once I re-worded it. Might try going through editing out pieces of your post and see if it goes through, to figure out which part is setting it off.
            Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 04-07-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

And now, the Captchas are replaced by something even more problematic as situations that would have otherwise triggered one of these security checks brings up this error:

I'm getting that too. Unable to reply to/edit my F1 post in off topic. I can't really re-word it as it's basicly just names and times!
              Part of the Gloveless Armada
              Proudly supporting the Aria Kickstarter.

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Pages are taking 10-20 seconds to load for me today. I haven't tried to edit one of my posts, but that will be a major issue if we can't, because I keep continually-updated-list posts in a few of the threads here.
                Girls With Guns Avatar: None, since our large avatars were never restored.

Comment

Things sure have been crazy since Thursday. It was so painfully slow on Thursday, but at least I could eventually do everything that I'm supposed to do after going through a ton of 503s and Captchas that led to blank screens way too many times. Then on Friday it was running at normal speed for most of the day but slowed down again late in the day. But then the situations where I tried to makes long posts or ones with a bunch of links that have been triggering Captchas are completely being blocked. Now, it's both moving normally at times, and slow at times. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but this is a problem that has to be dealt with seeing that there's now no way to make these big posts at all.

I'm not sure what Chris is doing about this issue, but this is the last thing he said in his twitter yesterday in regards to this:
                  The crawlbots are killing us today, as mentioned previously. So we're just being extra cautious.

Comment

And I just now got to seeing it. Seemed it didn't like how I put quotation marks on "Schoolgirl?" in the Tsugumomo thread (this is somewhat similar to my previous incident since that involved a piece of my post in quotation marks too), and I was able to get it around it just by going quoteless.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                      And I just now got to seeing it. Seemed it didn't like how I put quotation marks on "Schoolgirl?" in the Tsugumomo thread (this is somewhat similar to my previous incident since that involved a piece of my post in quotation marks too), and I was able to get it around it just by going quoteless.
                      Cloudfare does not like irony.
                      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                      Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                      Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/s...65447132700672
                        So it looks like our PHP got bumped up, which the forum software is doesn't work with. Looking into solutions, mostly just impacting forums.
                        https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/s...71952414339072
                        Ok, so the plan at this point is mildly complicated for the forums. First, we have not lost ~anything~
                        https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/s...72229657812992
                        That said, once done, we'll be fully functional 24/7 and with regular and easy updates.
                        https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/s...72034438123520
                        Second, we're probably five years out of date on updates. So, we're going to go with the cloud hosted version of the latest vbulletin
                        https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/s...72134937858053
                        That means setting up the new place, importing the existing data, and then cleaning up. This may take a day or two.
                        https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/s...72471513927681
                        Considering I've punted on upgrading the forums for a few years in fear of breaking things, this will be a big net+ in the end for members.
                        https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/s...72529097519105
                        In the short term, I appreciate your patience.
                        https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/s...73035689799686
                        In the long term, I think this places us on much firmer footing overall, and eases the existing strain on the server from older/bloated sw.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                          https://twitter.com/ChrisBeveridge/s...72034438123520
                          Second, we're probably five years out of date on updates. So, we're going to go with the cloud hosted version of the latest vbulletin
                          I knew that this forum was starting to show its age, but I didn't realize it was that long. It all started when the edit and quoting wouldn't work on the enhanced editor that forced everybody to use the standard editor. Then came the CAPTCHAs. While those things were nuisances, they didn't prevent the forum from functioning and thus those were nothing more than inconveniences. But with the Cloudflare blocking all long posts, that's another matter entirely.

Comment

Yeah, I can't even update my monthly anime purchase lists now - edits are blocked. I'll just have to update my list on another anime forum until this all gets straightened out. Someone give me a call when the forum is fixed, lol....
                            Girls With Guns Avatar: None, since our large avatars were never restored.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                              Yeah, I can't even update my monthly anime purchase lists now - edits are blocked. I'll just have to update my list on another anime forum until this all gets straightened out. Someone give me a call when the forum is fixed, lol....
                              ...and I can't change my signature, either. Got a nice greeting with the "you have been blocked" page. It may be moot with the impending change, but hopefully when the forums are up to date all of these issues will be but a memory.
                              Ana in Blue || my avatar library
                              ~ Currently Watching: Witch Hunter Robin; Serial Experiments Lain
                              ~ Last Watched: Figure 17; Gundam Build Divers; Revolutionary Girl Utena (+Adolescence Apocalypse); Azumanga Daioh; Moeyo Ken TV; Gundam Wing (+Operation Meteor & Endless Waltz)
                              homepagewordpresstumblranilistkitsumal

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X