This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Alright, it has been quite awhile since talking about forum problems, but I just realized that for some reason, I can't make posts in the Anime Expo subforum. It seems to me that only moderators and administrators can post there and while there are locked threads, even the unlocked ones I can't seem to post anything on. This is a problem that needs to be fixed seeing that the con is less than a week away.
    Yeah, and still the same issue for the "News, Articles, Press Releases and More" forum as I mentioned above.

Comment

Mr Beveridge, I'm sorry to trouble you, but could you please tweak the forums text-encoding-wise for the purpose of forum members' being able to successfully and easily post messages including special characters such as Latin letters with the diacritic marks (representing Japanese long vowels in romanised Japanese text) and Japanese characters?

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
        Mr Beveridge, I'm sorry to trouble you, but could you please tweak the forums text-encoding-wise for the purpose of forum members' being able to successfully and easily post messages including special characters such as Latin letters with the diacritic marks (representing Japanese long vowels in romanised Japanese text) and Japanese characters?
        I'd like to co-sign, as I just had to butcher a post to remove smart quotes and diacritics. As I've mentioned before, the old VB software supported smart punctuation, diacritics, non-Roman characters, and everything else; this version *must* have a similar setting. If not, I'd suggest going back to the old VB software until the new is properly finished.
        I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
        Stephen King

Comment

I think I've got it fixed in the AX forum.Theree are some wonky permissions. Give it a whirl and let me know!
          Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Testing a few things ? (that was an ellipsis)
            ♨︎
            ?Covfefe? (those were smart quotes)
            ? (that was an em-dash)
            ♂ ♀ 男女

So certain non-standard symbols now do go through properly, but smart punctuation still fails. Interesting. And access to the AX forum is still restricted.
            Last edited by adc; 06-30-2017, 03:02 PM.
            I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
            Stephen King

Comment

Tried another permission change. Everything is set so that folks in the various main usergroups can post and reply in those forums. I have no idea why it's not actually allowing you to do so.
              Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

To make things simple, I'm going to set up a test thread in the AX forum, so that people aren't just randomly throwing test posts into actual discussion threads. If you can post in the test thread...it should work for the entire forum.

Test thread created.

At least one regular member so far has posted in the test thread. I assume problem should be solved now.
                Last edited by Hitsugi Amachi; 06-30-2017, 03:36 PM.
                Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                Casually Reviewing: TBA
                Part of the Gloveless Armada. Join here! (Aria the Animation Dub Kickstarter).

Comment

It's easy to tell whether you can post or not. When it's inaccessible, the window at the bottom to make your post doesn't appear at all. Earlier today it didn't appear and now it does, so yeah, looks like problem is now solved.

Comment

So are we forever stuck with these tiny avatars in this new forum? I really miss my old 150 pixel avatars from the old forum. The current avatar size is so pitifully small now I haven't even bothered to make any new ones to use on here, as it's not worth the effort.
                    Girls With Guns Avatar: Blake From Team RWBY

Comment

• The login button on the main page still leads to the old forum. Not sure if that is intentional or not - but thought I would let you know.
                      There is no coincidence only inevitability

Comment

• So in trying to go to my settings to enable signatures, I found that I had set the posts per page to the forum default (appears to be 15 posts per page), when I had been seeing 100 posts per page before. Going into the settings, the max option is only 40, though. Can we get the option back in there somehow? It's should be possible since I only just had my usual settings yesterday.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X