Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also like to ask for a navigation line at the bottom of threads in addition to the top (Home > Forum > Site Feedback > Site & Forum Feedback), as I typically prefer to click out of a thread after I've reached the end rather than while I'm still at the beginning. And I agree with t-Roy about being able to deactivate the right column elements in threads.
    I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
    Stephen King

Comment

Yeah, those stuff on the right are quite a pain, especially when viewing this through my iPad when there are lots of lines to have to scroll down. I would like Chris to keep us updates about these fixes and indicate what he's trying to fix, as well as say what fixes are possible or not.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
      Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It looks like we are locked out of responding in the "News, Articles, Press Releases and More" forum. Is that intentional?

On a side note, there are some words being cut off on the right side in this recent article (happens in both Firefox and Chrome).
        Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 05-09-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
          When I try to post a text which includes 'special' letters/characters (such as Western letters with a diacritical mark, kanji and hiragana), those 'special' letters/characters tend to become garbled letters or question marks, even if I set the web browser to Unicode (UTF-8) encoding.
          The 'default' encoding of the forums seems to be ISO/IEC 8859-1 (Western European characters). If you set the browser's encoding for Unicode when you type and read the text, Western letters with the circumflex/the acute accent seem to be displayed correctly.
          I'm not sure whether this method can also deal with Japanese characters, but if a Japan-related forum cannot display Japanese characters and the Latin letters which represent Japanese long vowels well, it may be rather a serious problem.

Comment

The 'default' encoding of the forums seems to be ISO/IEC 8859-1 (Western European characters). If you set the browser's encoding for Unicode when you type and read the text, Western letters with the circumflex/the acute accent seem to be displayed correctly.
            I'm not sure whether this method can also deal with Japanese characters, but if a Japan-related forum cannot display Japanese characters and the Latin letters which represent Japanese long vowels well, it may be rather a serious problem.
            unfortunately, setting it to Unicode doesn't work out for me either (using Firefox btw).

Comment

So that old forum is unlocked and still getting New posts ?

cant see any News posts about this ........

Comment

Originally posted by mikezilla2 View Post
                So that old forum is unlocked and still getting New posts ?

cant see any News posts about this ........
                Yes, the old forum is still up, but do not post there. It's not going to be there forever and will be going away.
                Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                  unfortunately, setting it to Unicode doesn't work out for me either (using Firefox btw).
                  I set IE's encoding to Unicode and posted the message about sweets on the Alice and Zoroku thread, and the special letters (with the diacritical marks) in 'Joel' (the author's given name) and 'Misuzu Shobo' (the publishing firm's name) in the message are correctly displayed on Firefox when I set Firefox' text encoding to Unicode. Hmm...mysterious.
                  Did you reload the webpage after your having set the browser to Unicode when reading the webpage?

Comment

Did you reload the webpage after your having set the browser to Unicode when reading the webpage?
                    yes. It's still broken for me. I'm on a PC, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                      yes. It's still broken for me. I'm on a PC, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.
                      When I see the Fandom Post forum page in question via an Android tablet, even though I set the tablet's browser to Unicode, the Western letters with the diacritical marks in 'Joel' and 'Misuzu Shobo' become garbled characters.
                      So it seems that there are cases where special characters on the new Fandom Post fora become garbled characters even if a user sets his/her browser to Unicode.
                      Last edited by kijakusai; 05-16-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Just found out the following. Say you make a blog image with pictures and you have it set up so you have multiple images in a row, right? Now you save your post and your hope is the images might look like this. (I'm using the word image for obvious reasons)

Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4

Image 5 Image 6 Image 7 Image 8

However if you try to edit even just the title of your entry because you can't spell this happens....

Image 1
                        Image 2
                        Image 3
                        Image 4
                        Image 5
                        Image 6
                        Image 7
                        Image 7

I had to go first search for a mode which would let me edit in just text and literally delete all the image code and paste it back in Maybe the new blog wants people to not correct mistakes? In all seriousness, not sure why it would do what it did with the images.
                        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Originally posted by adc View Post
                          I'd also like to ask for a navigation line at the bottom of threads in addition to the top (Home > Forum > Site Feedback > Site & Forum Feedback), as I typically prefer to click out of a thread after I've reached the end rather than while I'm still at the beginning.
                          As each day passes here on the new forums, this is easily the feature I miss the most. I always used to get back to the forum index from the bottom of the page, and now having to scroll up to the top to do that adds an extra step to the process. I could just as easily hit "back" on my browser to save time getting back, but that doesn't update the read status of the threads.
                          Ana & Matsuri, summer strawberries || my avatar library
                          ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon R; Tenchi Muyo! OVA
                          ~ Last Watched: MIRAI; Spirited Away; My Neighbors the Yamadas; SCHOOL-LIVE!; Princess Mononoke; Whisper of the Heart
                          homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Just realized PMs aren't fully copied and emailed to you. Hopefully there's some sort of toggle or switch that allows full messages to be copied just like they were on the old PM module. It's a little less useful (for archival purposes) now that you have to read an entire message by entering your inbox from a link in the notification email.

Comment

Yeah, things have changed quite a lot, and there are lots of things that I miss about the old forum. While I realize that some of these features aren't coming back, there are some things that need to at least be looked at. And one of the things I just don't like is the post box size. I try to make it bigger, but it only goes back to its original size. It only does that for empty posts and once I begin writing it doesn't do that. Nevertheless, the old forum had so many settings that gives you the flexibility to do things the way you want to. This one, not so much.
                              Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Alright, it has been quite awhile since talking about forum problems, but I just realized that for some reason, I can't make posts in the Anime Expo subforum. It seems to me that only moderators and administrators can post there and while there are locked threads, even the unlocked ones I can't seem to post anything on. This is a problem that needs to be fixed seeing that the con is less than a week away.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X