This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
    The "Remember Me" box does work, but it might first require you clearing out all previous forum cookies (including those for the old forum which might still be in your browser's cache) and then signing in again with the Remember Me box checked.

I've been logged in continuous since doing so and also had to log in more than usual when the forum first started running.
    Yah that seems to have done the trick. When I returned just now there was my name and already logged in. thank god. I hate logging in on sites that I use all the time so that's one last worry. Thanks for the advise!

J. A.
    Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
    Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
    Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
    Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post

That still exists, in the same place--left side of thread title, round blue circle with white down arrows in it, "Go to first new post." In not functioning right, again, might be a clear the cookies first thing.
      Oh so there is! Strange I didn't notice that last night. Now if I just knew why my little anime girl isn't dancing anymore not to mention why she appears to only be taking up half her little box? As she dances and fills up the box perfectly in the preview pane? Ah well......, one worry at a time I guess! Thank You.......

J. A.
      Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon

Comment

There?s one thing annoying me about the subscriptions: If I?m subscribed to an entire channel, I get notifications whenever *any* thread in that channel is updated, even if I?ve never viewed the thread much less participated in it. I have not found a way to shut off notifications unless I simply unsubscribe from the channel. It seems like there should be more control than that.

Also, on the old fora, you could go into the Settings page to see your subscribed channels and only those; it seems that this feature is simply gone from the new software. There are far more channels I don?t ever visit than those I do frequent, well, frequently, so using the master list of channels is less than ideal. At the very least, I?d like to be able to re-order the channels so that my favorites are at the top.

And I would point out that having the ?Mark Channel as Read? button all the way at the bottom of the page is rather inconvenient. The old forum dropdown menu was not great, but at least it was at the top of the page.

Granted, I haven?t really fiddled with the customization features that much, but I didn?t see any way to alter any of these things.

PS: OMG, the forum software doesn't understand smart quotes. It's 2017, not 1917.

PPS: It appears to be all non-standard characters. En- and em-dashes also render as question marks, just as smart quotes do. It seems like in these latter days, forum software should handle Unicode correctly. Especially considering this is a new version of software from the same vendor as the old fora used, and non-standard characters worked perfectly there.
        Last edited by adc; 05-01-2017, 01:35 AM.
        I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
        Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by adc View Post
          [FONT=Avenir]There?s one thing annoying me about the subscriptions: If I?m subscribed to an entire channel, I get notifications whenever *any* thread in that channel is updated, even if I?ve never viewed the thread much less participated in it. I have not found a way to shut off notifications unless I simply unsubscribe from the channel. It seems like there should be more control than that.
          Disable everything in User Settings/Notifications. The easiest method to remove notifications (since there isn't an 'unsubscribe to all' option) is to sort subscriptions by latest activity (under your profile settings), and then individually clicking each subscription to unsubscribe from them. Yes, it's a pain in the ass, as I had over a thousand of them, but it works. I'm doing this little by little when I feel like it, and it's pretty much muted everything. By sorting by last activity, you remove all the immediate, current notifications since anything more than two weeks old tends to be dead, unless someone replies to it. That's the only workaround I figured out.

Comment

I just noticed that there aren't any double quotes anymore. i.e. When you click on a reply to a previous quote all you get is a quote of the reply but not the quoted post to which the reply was aimed! .

Is this deliberate to cut down on the number of lines and/or quotes in a reply? Or is it just a glitch that nobody's noticed yet?

J. A.

Comment

Is anyone else getting "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" when trying to edit your own topic post?

Comment

Originally posted by Otakufan View Post
                I just noticed that there aren't any double quotes anymore. i.e. When you click on a reply to a previous quote all you get is a quote of the reply but not the quoted post to which the reply was aimed! .

Is this deliberate to cut down on the number of lines and/or quotes in a reply? Or is it just a glitch that nobody's noticed yet?

J. A.
                They still work, but you have to construct them yourself. Easiest way is to, as WTK noted, quote all the posts you want to include then click the Post Reply button on the TOP left of the page (not the one on the bottom right), which will populate the text box with all those quotes. Then just a matter of moving the quote tags around to build the ziggurat of your dreams...
                Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Then just a matter of moving the quote tags around to build the ziggurat of your dreams...
                  Every once in a while, I wish we still had the "memorable quotes" thread for things like this.
                  Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
                  ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon SuperS; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
                  ~ Last Watched: The Case of Hana & Alice; Sailor Moon S (+film); Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
                  homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Will links to other posts from the old forums get converted to links to the eqivalent threads in the new forums, or will they have to be redone manually?

Comment

Typed bullets (as opposed to coded bullets using the list function) are also out. It's maddening. I can make my own damn lists! On the bright side, the layout is far more functional on phones than the old forum software, which didn't have any phone-savvy modifications. Just move the "Mark all read" button to the top and that'll be pretty great.

I'd also like some iOS- and macOS-savvy CSS options for fonts. Let's get Avenir into one of the sans-serif options and Baskerville into a serif option!

​​​​
                      I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
                      Stephen King

Comment

i Can read both sets of Text just fine but good God batman its like im being Mooned

i assume there will be more themes Soon by that point i will probably Notice other things that bother me

its a little difficult to distinguish what threads Where last posted in Compared to the Last forum

in the mean time if anyone Knows CSS all i Can say is style Sheets are awesome just wish there was one for this site

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                          Is anyone else getting "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" when trying to edit your own topic post?
                          Though now I've noticed that the edit actually does go through despite getting that message.

Comment

So just noticed how the "Today's Birthday" and "Tag Cloud" switched over to the right side of the layout after logging in today. I distinctly remember it was on the bottom (or didn't exist) whiel reading forum threads the past few times I logged in (under the new forums). Any way to disable it or move it to the bottom? It's quite a space hog taking up like a third of the screen space and makes makes reading through the forums more troublesome.

It's fine if it just appears in the normal forums so long as it doesn't show up when reading through the individual threads.
                            My Anime List
                            Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by adc View Post
                              PS: OMG, the forum software doesn't understand smart quotes. It's 2017, not 1917.

PPS: It appears to be all non-standard characters. En- and em-dashes also render as question marks, just as smart quotes do. It seems like in these latter days, forum software should handle Unicode correctly. Especially considering this is a new version of software from the same vendor as the old fora used, and non-standard characters worked perfectly there.
                              It also doesn't understand the pound sterling symbol (?), which I've never considered to be a "non-standard character".

Comment

...build the ziggurat of your dreams...
                                ?????????????? (He lives in the Tower of Babel??)

Last edited by kijakusai; 05-03-2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X