X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW FORUMS - Feedback, Issues, and other conversations

Widgets Magazine
    Rather than bombard everyone with a million feedback postss that all say the same thing, it makes sense to keep any questions or comments about the new forums in a self-contained thread, so things can be looked at in a calm and orderly manner, rather than a huge rush to the counter pleading insanity.

So, if you have any feedback, or are having any issues, or maybe any suggestions or comments, feel free to post them here.
    Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
    Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

I'll throw my few issues into the ring to begin with.

Firstly, avatars. is it possible to get 150x (or even 100x) avatars back? Just a cosmetic vanity thing, so not a priority, but 60x is a bit small for me.

Also, relating to avatars... Blog posts are limited again to 10 images per entry. Is it possible to get that increased again?

Comment

It does not looks like there are post titles anymore, with the ones from the previous forum being ported over as part of the body of the post. Would be nice if they come back, but if they don't, we should make it a rule in discussion threads that all post must begin with the episode number being discussed, so it's clear and no one is spoiled unaware.

Comment

I'm not seeing anything that allows adjustment on the number of images in a blog. Nor any adjustment on avatars right now.
        Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Just tried a tweak on images, let me know how that goes.
          Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

posting more images works.

Avatars are the size they are meant to be, but are shrunk down to 60x whe on a forum post.

Comment

When trying to redirect to a user group, you just return to the main forum. Also, if already subscribed to one, it tells you to join.
              Last edited by Sensuifu; 04-23-2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Everything looks a bit smaller, but it loads fast and runs smooth. I like it so far, but it will take some getting used to/tweaking with. Also it looks like the most recent New This Week poll post got nuked in the process. Not sure if stuff is still being retrieved or if it just didn't make the cut time. If anything I can repost tomorrow as a 6 day poll instead if needed.
                Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                  Also it looks like the most recent New This Week poll post got nuked in the process. Not sure if stuff is still being retrieved or if it just didn't make the cut time. If anything I can repost tomorrow as a 6 day poll instead if needed.
                  You will need to repost it. It can be said for any other posts/threads that are not ported here already.

Comment

Not entirely sure if it's just me or not.

I clicked "Mark Channels Read" - when I came back later on there was a new post, so I went in and read it, but it continues to show as unread. I have to scroll to the bottom and click on "Mark Forum Read" before it clears. Shouldn't it clear itself after I read the post?

Edit: To clarify, I'm in "US Blu-ray, DVD and Simulcast Industry News", the thread shows as read, but when I go out to "Anime & Manga Discussions", the thread shows as unread.
                    Last edited by Slowhand; 04-23-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I did a test run on the new forums by posting everything since the last save state, and while the forum is mostly functional, there are a number of changes where features that are available here are not available on the new forum. Among them are the following:

- Post headers are missing. From the old forum, they just appear as the first line of text. It would be great to get them back, but we can make due without them.
                      - There's no activity stream (actually, the forum has one under the "Latest Activity" tab, but it doesn't show all of he recent posts).
                      - I would like to be able to keep draft blog entries (at least up to the 15 blog limit this current forum has), but here there's no such feature to keep blog drafts.
                      - Finding tags are a pain as they are in the root post instead of at the bottom of the page. Also, only the thread starter can add tags and I would like to see other users be able to add tags as well. In the current forum, the thread starter can add up to five tags while everybody else can add up to two.
                      - Tags from saved blog posts are lost.

So moving forward, I will continue to make posts in both places until everything is all squared away (and I encourage everybody else to do the same). It would be nice if Chris can set a transition date and time where once everything is is all squared away.

EDIT: As much as I would like one final save and load, I forgot to take into account that there are some posts that can't be made with the blocking problems on the old forums.
                      Last edited by Buckeye; 04-24-2017, 10:52 AM.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

So, polls are a little more tedious to create, but they offer greater flexibility in the duration of the poll. I like that part. One interesting thing is that after the post, it lists all of the poll options in the Latest Threads sidebar. Yikes! Well, at the very least it draws attention to the thread when it's freshly posted, but I can see it taking over the sidebar when the options are numerous. (This week is actually pretty bad already, so it's a good example.) One thing I don't like is that it incorporates the poll into the opening thread post itself. It's a little less useful to be there, and I'm curious what happens when the thread is more than 1 page long. Users will also have to add the poll question into the post itself since there's now no option for it as a part of the poll configuration. The good news is that options should now able to be edited, and the poll goes up at the same time as the thread allowing for less confusion.

Comment

Text is teeny teeny tiny tiny. And there's a little too much in the way of white. Any way of getting it looking like the old forums in terms of colour scheme and font size?

EDIT: Default vB5 Style (bottom left of page) helps a little with the text size, although it could be smidge larger.
                          Last edited by Just Passing Through; 04-24-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Passing Through View Post
                            Text is teeny teeny tiny tiny. And there's a little too much in the way of white. Any way of getting it looking like the old forums in terms of colour scheme and font size?

EDIT: Default vB5 Style (bottom left of page) helps a little with the text size, although it could be smidge larger.
                            There's also an option within your profile to change fonts and sizes for content under "Customize My Style", but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Each time I try to change the size values present there it never saves the selection. The options specific to your profile look seem to work all right though, for what that's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                              There's also an option within your profile to change fonts and sizes for content under "Customize My Style", but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Each time I try to change the size values present there it never saves the selection. The options specific to your profile look seem to work all right though, for what that's worth.
                              It will all save back on the Default vB5 Style, however. Not sure why they won't save in Gradiant. You can also set the style permanent under the Account tab in User Settings ("Forum Style").
                              Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                              Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                              Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X