Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPTCHAs

Widgets Magazine
    I don't know what is triggering it, but twice while submitting an edit to thispost now I've had to answer a CAPTCHA, and each time I've been terrified that I will lost all my edits (it hasn't happened so far, but the first time it didn't go through so I had to go back, resubmit and answer another CAPTCHA).

Re: CAPTCHAs

It's possible that something you've typed in the post isn't liked by cloudflare and it thinks that it's being posted by a spambot so it requires authentication (although captcha is about as much use to protect against spambots as a chocolate fireguard), so it looks like something has to be tweaked with the cloudflare settings to stop it from happening.

Comment

Yeah, I have been getting that, especially when I need to create threads or posts with a large amount of text involved. Those things are supposed to be there to prevent automated systems from buying up tickets for high demand sporting events to be sold in the resale market later, but not for something like this.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
      Watching: Chihayafuru 2, Perfect Insider, DB Super, One Piece, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Buckeye, CAPTCHAs are for any situation where you want to prevent machine automated interaction - e.g. spambots.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
          I don't know what is triggering it, but twice while submitting an edit to thispost now I've had to answer a CAPTCHA, and each time I've been terrified that I will lost all my edits (it hasn't happened so far, but the first time it didn't go through so I had to go back, resubmit and answer another CAPTCHA).
          Oh, thank gosh, I thought it was just me or my browser!

I suppose I can see CAPTCHAs being used for an initial post, as you say, to catch automated spam posters, but I was really taken aback when I was editing a slightly longish post and hitting the Preview button a few times to double-check my message and each time confronting a CAPTCHA. Each time I thought, "Why me?" and "Please don't erase everything I just composed and have now spent time editing." Whew!
          Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
          Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

I've been getting this a couple of times as well, and sometimes when I click on the checkmark, I get sent to a blank page. It's making "preview post" almost a completely worthless feature.
            Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Today, October 17th, I've made several "Quick Replies" and one much longer post with quoting and previewing a few times, and I haven't seen nary a CAPTCHA. Did I pass the test? Or is time between postings (usually several weeks for me) a determining factor, I wonder?

Comment

I've also been getting the blank page issue after checking the box - I have to hit the back arrow and check it again, sometimes twice more, to get it to finally accept the post.
                Girls With Guns Avatar: None, since our large avatars were never restored.

Comment

This generally happens when I'm writing a post with a lot of text as I had to deal with this when creating show threads, writing a lot of stuff in a reply, or writing a blog, either previewing or posting it. What is particularly frustrating from the Captcha stuff is that when I get through, I just get a blank page the first time go through it. It does what I want to do from the second time onward, and this is particularly annoying. For short posts, it doesn't happen.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
                  Watching: Chihayafuru 2, Perfect Insider, DB Super, One Piece, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

As a precaution, I now automatically highlight and copy all my posts to the clipboard before posting them, as I had lost a few of my posts and had to start over from scratch.

Comment

These are really making me nervous too, after encountering yet again after a long private message yesterday, and then again with a long discussion post today (previously I've seen them with my Eupho posts only as I went to edit, so maybe they don't appear when you use the "Quick Reply" box as SleepyDog mentioned). And each time, it doesn't submit on my first attempt at the captcha. Thankfully I haven't lost anything as I've just been able to go back in browser and everything from my message was preserved. And then the second time facing the captcha and it goes through fine.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                        . . . Thankfully I haven't lost anything as I've just been able to go back in browser and everything from my message was preserved. And then the second time facing the captcha and it goes through fine.
                        Thanks for mentioning this, EmperorBrandon. I ran into this situation with the captcha again just the other day (as you described with the full reply versus the quick reply) and thought my long response was lost until I recalled your observation here, so I just backed up with my browser, and, just like you mentioned, found my composition and was able to transmit it (without reconstruction) the second time.

Comment

That dang captcha comes up with the blank white page almost every time I try to post or edit a post, it's really starting to irritate me - it used to work by going back and doing it a second time, now it seems to take more like 3-4 retries, and its even worse if I'm on my smartphone. Then it brings up those stupid banks of photos you have to check off... It was bad enough on here that the edit and reply buttons are screwy, and that PMs don't work - and now we have to put up with this yet.
                          Last edited by t-Roy; 11-09-2016, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Even though I'm still getting the captcha scare a lot, I'm happy that there at least doesn't seem to be much of those stupid photo confirmations lately. Mostly just seeing the "I'm not a robot" checkbox.

Comment

CloudFlare currently seems to be interfering with the RSS feed (at the URL http://www.fandompost.com/category/a...-reviews/feed/), at least for me. When I try to retrieve the feed using a feed reader, the result that comes back from the server is an "Checking your browser before accessing fandompost.com." HTML page from CloudFlare instead of the actual RSS data, thus causing an "invalid XML" error in the feed reader.
                              User of Arch Linux and KDE

"Maybe it's A Salty Dog that makes you A Whiter Shade of Pale!" - Yusaku Godai (Maison Ikkoku)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X