Widgets Magazine

Forums not loading at all (www.facebook.com redirected you too many times)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums not loading at all (www.facebook.com redirected you too many times)

Widgets Magazine
    So starting yesterday, I can't access the forums at all. This is what the page would say after attempting to load for a while:

The www.facebook.com page isn’t working

www.facebook.com redirected you too many times.
    Try clearing your cookies.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
    Found it odd that it would mention Facebook cause I hadn't even connect my FB account so dunno why it would even try to direct me there. The address bar would turn to something like this (in this example I'm attempting to access the DVD/BD Cover Art part of the forums):

https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oaut...ed13f85799#_=_

The only 'fix' I've found so far is to sign out of Facebook. Then everything works fine and dandy, but the instant I sign back onto FB the problem pops up again. Clearing the cookies (only signs me out of both FB and TFP) doesn't help either once I sign back into both. It's manageable since there's at least a way to access the forums, but I'd prefer not to have to go through the hassle of signing out of FB every single time I want to browse the forums.

Anyone else experiencing this? Please tell me I'm not the only one.
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Re: Forums not loading at all (www.facebook.com redirected you too many times)

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
    So starting yesterday, I can't access the forums at all. This is what the page would say after attempting to load for a while:

The www.facebook.com page isn’t working

www.facebook.com redirected you too many times.
    Try clearing your cookies.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
    Found it odd that it would mention Facebook cause I hadn't even connect my FB account so dunno why it would even try to direct me there. The address bar would turn to something like this (in this example I'm attempting to access the DVD/BD Cover Art part of the forums):

https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oaut...ed13f85799#_=_

The only 'fix' I've found so far is to sign out of Facebook. Then everything works fine and dandy, but the instant I sign back onto FB the problem pops up again. Clearing the cookies (only signs me out of both FB and TFP) doesn't help either once I sign back into both. It's manageable since there's at least a way to access the forums, but I'd prefer not to have to go through the hassle of signing out of FB every single time I want to browse the forums.

Anyone else experiencing this? Please tell me I'm not the only one.
    It's not just you as I'm seeing the same issue, although it doesn't do it to me in Edge, only in Chrome.

Comment

Yeah, forgot to mention this was on the latest version of Chrome.
      My Anime List
      Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

My Facebook account is linked so for the past month or two I haven't been able to log in at all, thanks for the temporary fix, I had to make this account just to post anything, I've been emailing Chris but he's unsure on a fix. Hopefully something can get sorted out soon though as I'm using both another account and another browser since I have facebook logged in on Safari and don't want to close anything.

Comment

Yeah, I've been forced to use Facebook on another browser which is pretty annoying.
          My Anime List
          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Really hope this gets fixed, I'm a bit tired of the setup I'm using now.

Comment

I've not had this, but I assume loading the forums in an incognito window would also work?

Comment

So after using another browser for this site a few weeks now I figured a temp fix for now. You will still get a facebook redirect even after removing your Facebook account from your Fandompost login but you also need to go to Facebook and REMOVE Fandompost from your Apps list.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikagreg View Post
                  So after using another browser for this site a few weeks now I figured a temp fix for now. You will still get a facebook redirect even after removing your Facebook account from your Fandompost login but you also need to go to Facebook and REMOVE Fandompost from your Apps list.
                  Thanks! Just did that and it does indeed fix it for now till they actually fix that issue (on top of all the other ones that's been plaguing the forums for months now).
                  My Anime List
                  Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X