Edit and Reply with Quote Buttons Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Edit and Reply with Quote Buttons Not Working

hmm... "edit" and "quote" don't work on my browsers, whatever browser i use (var. operas, firefox, edge).
    weird.
    i also use the standard mode...

Comment

Originally posted by badaboom View Post
      hmm... "edit" and "quote" don't work on my browsers, whatever browser i use (var. operas, firefox, edge).
      weird.
      i also use the standard mode...
      It's been that way for months now. You have to click twice on the quote button and then it will mysteriously work!

Since it appears this is never going to get fixed, maybe time to put these instructions somewhere where new folk will always see it and know what to do???

J. A.
      Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
      Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
      Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
      Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

...it's funny that it sometimes works and then again all the double-clicking is in vain.
        (seems as if this function is a somewhat capricious being that sometimes is in the mood for working and sometimes not...
        well, i don't believe in vodoo :D)

Comment

Originally posted by badaboom View Post
          ...it's funny that it sometimes works and then again all the double-clicking is in vain.
          (seems as if this function is a somewhat capricious being that sometimes is in the mood for working and sometimes not...
          well, i don't believe in vodoo :D)
          Works consistently with I.E.11. Not sure about others. However one thing I notice is if you immediately double-click it won't work. I usually wait a couple of seconds for the second click.

As for voodoo? Ever since I got my first computer (clone with AMD 386-33) and DOS 4 I've become a great believer in voodoo! At least as far as Microsoft and computers are concerned!

J. A.
          Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon

Comment

The only way I found to edit a post was to click to open it in another window, but all the post is deleted so I would have to copy/paste it. Is there any better way?

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Seikatsu View Post
              The only way I found to edit a post was to click to open it in another window, but all the post is deleted so I would have to copy/paste it. Is there any better way?
              If you're still on WYSIWYG mode, click on the top left button on your edit screen and switch it to Source mode. This should retain your quote and allow you to edit it. The only downside is you'll see all your formatting codes.

J. A.

Comment

Thank you Otakufan

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Seikatsu View Post
                  Thank you Otakufan
                  Glad it worked!

J. A.

Comment

Private messages do not seem to work for me. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by gunbuster View Post
                      It's possible that it's a measure to prevent spambots from spamming PMs if they get past the registration process without being blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by gunbuster View Post
                        yes, I have the same issue - I can receive PMs from other users, but they never get any of my responses - nor do new PMs I create get to anyone - is there a fix for this?

I can't believe they haven't been able to fix the edit and reply buttons for over 7 months... especially on such a high-traffic forum as this one...
                        Last edited by t-Roy; 09-20-2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X