Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit and Reply with Quote Buttons Not Working

Widgets Magazine
    Don't know if anyone else other than me and bctaris is experiencing this issue, but the Edit and Reply with Quote buttons aren't working right now. When I click on the button all I'm getting is that annoying blue buffering circle and the system is doing nothing.

If you need to know I'm using Firefox for my web browser.
    Currently Watching | MAL Profile
    Let's make anime great again!

Re: Edit and Reply with Quote Buttons Not Working

Also, the auto-save feature hasn't been working as instead of allowing me to retrieve my unfinished post, I just get a blank.

At the moment, the best solution is to switch over from the enhanced editor to the standard editor, first of all. The auto-save still works with the standard editor. For post editing, right-click and open the post in a new tab. And for quoting posts, click on the quote button twice so that it will bring you to a new page. While things are not fully functional, at least there's a way to do all this. If you are doing it in the enhanced editor, you will get a blank box. That will have to do until everything gets fixed.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      Also, the auto-save feature hasn't been working as instead of allowing me to retrieve my unfinished post, I just get a blank.

At the moment, the best solution is to switch over from the enhanced editor to the standard editor, first of all. The auto-save still works with the standard editor. For post editing, right-click and open the post in a new tab. And for quoting posts, click on the quote button twice so that it will bring you to a new page. While things are not fully functional, at least there's a way to do all this. If you are doing it in the enhanced editor, you will get a blank box. That will have to do until everything gets fixed.
      Thanks for the reminder on that. It's been one way so long I forgot I could change the editor function (in general settings, for those who also need the reminder). Switched over to just the "standard" post editor, not even "basic," which, with either double-clicking "reply-with-quote" or opening in a new tab keeps the quote intact again. So yay for that.

Chris has been notified of the issues. So patience, please, as fixes can't always be immediate.
      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
      Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
      Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
        Chris has been notified of the issues. So patience, please, as fixes can't always be immediate.
        No prob. I'll used the double-click method until the problem is fixed.

Comment

Just to chime in. Thought it was just me with some kind of messed up browser setting or something lol. This has been occuring for me to the past few days.
          My Anime List
          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Yep, here as well, on IE 11.
            My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
            1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
            2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
            3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Me too. What I ended up doing to get the quote to go through was right click "reply with quote" and open in a new tab.

Comment

Well...... Thank God it's not just me

That right click trick not working for me. But at least when I do that it doesn't simply lock up with that I.E.11 continuous circle thing.

Even worse it's veeery slow to notice key strokes. At my normal typing speed it only registers one keystroke out of two. So doesn't look like I'll be posting or editing my signature for awhile.

J. A.
                Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Originally posted by Otakufan View Post
                  Well...... Thank God it's not just me

That right click trick not working for me. But at least when I do that it doesn't simply lock up with that I.E.11 continuous circle thing.

Even worse it's veeery slow to notice key strokes. At my normal typing speed it only registers one keystroke out of two. So doesn't look like I'll be posting or editing my signature for awhile.

J. A.
                  This other behavior hasn't been reported--I wonder if you could address it with a cookie/cache purge?

That's allegedly a fix for the larger issue, as well, though I've had no luck with it myself; and it shows up on multiple devices/browsers.
                  Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                  Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                  Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Still can't get the quote to work but the slow typing response comes and goes. Right now it's working perfectly, but a couple of minutes ago my previous quick reply it wasn't. So I quit it and tried again and now it is. Really weird.

By the way, can't update my sig either. It's blank as well.

J. A.
                    Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon

Comment

Switched over to Chrome and that seems to solve the missing keystrokes problem. (Which is still happening on a hit and miss basis with Internet Explorer 11.) So I'm assuming that's browser incompatibility of some sort or other.

But as others have said, the quote doesn't work no matter what I do or which of the two browsers I use. Same for the edit signature. Signature looks perfect in preview pane but doesn't show up in the edit pane. So no way to edit it.

Oh yah, just noticed that clicking on the emoticons doesn't work either anymore. sheesh.......

J. A.

P.S. - Just noticed another problem as well. If you preview your post, it won't then let you submit reply but insists your message is too short. So I had to cut and paste this into the preview window before I could submit a reply.

Comment

Urgh........ I meant edit window on the P.S. Seems the edit post doesn't work either.

I think I'll give up and come back in a week or so. Too frustrating trying to post stuff now.

J. A.

Comment

Switched over to Chrome and that seems to solve the missing keystrokes problem. (Which is still happening on a hit and miss basis with Internet Explorer 11.) So I'm assuming that's browser incompatibility of some sort or other.

But as others have said, the quote doesn't work no matter what I do or which of the two browsers I use. Same for the edit signature. Signature looks perfect in preview pane but doesn't show up in the edit pane. So no way to edit it.

Oh yah, just noticed that clicking on the emoticons doesn't work either anymore. sheesh.......

J. A.

P.S. - Just noticed another problem as well. If you preview your post, it won't then let you submit reply but insists your message is too short. So I had to cut and paste this into the preview window before I could submit a reply.
                          Are you in enhanced mode? If you are, try switching to standard and right-click the edit button and see if that works for you. Auto-save still works in standard mode.

Comment

J. A.

Did you not switch over to the standard or basic editor? Sounds to me that you haven't switched over and if that's the case, then it's no wonder you keep on getting these problems. They have been happening with the enhanced editor, but things seem to be working fine save for those inconveniences that can be worked around.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
                            Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                            Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabure View Post
                              Are you in enhanced mode? If you are, try switching to standard and right-click the edit button and see if that works for you. Auto-save still works in standard mode.
                              Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              Did you not switch over to the standard or basic editor? Sounds to me that you haven't switched over and if that's the case, then it's no wonder you keep on getting these problems. They have been happening with the enhanced editor, but things seem to be working fine save for those inconveniences that can be worked around.
                              Did as you both suggested and switched to standard mode. Still have to right click and bring up in a new tab but it's working now.

Thanks very much!

J. A.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X