Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Notifications?

Widgets Magazine
    I tried looking but how do I get an answer, it seems this forum keeps sending emails to my spambox on gmail. I dont know how to fix this, especially since its starting saying

"Why is this message in Spam? We've found that lots of messages from ds5633.dreamservers.com are spam."
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Re: Email Notifications?

It's more google putting the emails into the spam folder as it is classing the source of the message and not the content as spam.

All you have to do is select the emails in question and click the not spam button which will move the messages to the inbox and also send a report to google that those messages aren't spam (there are other ways to have them sent to the inbox, but I don't know is gmail has them).

Comment

Re: Email Notifications?

Originally posted by demonix00 View Post
      It's more google putting the emails into the spam folder as it is classing the source of the message and not the content as spam.

All you have to do is select the emails in question and click the not spam button which will move the messages to the inbox and also send a report to google that those messages aren't spam (there are other ways to have them sent to the inbox, but I don't know is gmail has them).
      Yep. Those other ways include either putting the sender's address into your contact list, or dealing with a filter.

But gmail's algorithms are smart enough that most of the time, once you mark one of these as "not spam" (above the message in the spam folder, it's the third button from the left) it'll keep the rest in your inbox, identifying dremservers.com messages with "The Fandom Post" in them as legit. In fact I had to do this just today with a different sort of notification from the forums. It happens. But with email systems like this, you have to teach them to accept, or not accept, what you want. It doesn't learn without your input.
      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
      Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
      Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X