Widgets Magazine

The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

    I can only guess that there's been a change in postcount permissions in the last week or so. It could be that in order to stop spambots they've made it so you can only post a new thread after x posts.
    Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
    Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

    Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

      Originally posted by Jun Kuga View Post
      I can only guess that there's been a change in postcount permissions in the last week or so. It could be that in order to stop spambots they've made it so you can only post a new thread after x posts.
      It may or may not been in the last week as I said I've been away for quite some time , and I've only noticed it until just now.

      Well if thats the case it makes sense then. I guess I'm going to have to start speaking up more/again :D

      Thanks for the reply

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

        Why can't I post threads?

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

          Originally posted by Invisible Crane View Post
          Why can't I post threads?
          Probably the same reason I cannot either. Don't know for sure, but going with the you need X amount of posts before hand as Jun suggested to me before as it makes sense and it's the only real reason why I can see why I can't.
          Last edited by Sporkis; 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

            I came here to ask how we can get permission to post new threads too. I think this needs to be addressed in the FAQ and Forum rules. There should be a link perhaps in permissions, or some sticky for why this is.

            Exactly how many replies do we need? It seems like a forum killer for newbies or folks who like to lurk IMO

            I migrated here over from AoD/mania and I hardly posted there either. I wanted to post a question in a new thread in either the "US Blu-ray, DVD and Simulcast Industry News" or the "Glitch Disc" subforum.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

              Originally posted by npcomplete View Post
              I came here to ask how we can get permission to post new threads too. I think this needs to be addressed in the FAQ and Forum rules. There should be a link perhaps in permissions, or some sticky for why this is.

              Exactly how many replies do we need? It seems like a forum killer for newbies or folks who like to lurk IMO

              I migrated here over from AoD/mania and I hardly posted there either. I wanted to post a question in a new thread in either the "US Blu-ray, DVD and Simulcast Industry News" or the "Glitch Disc" subforum.
              Apologies for the confusion, and the inconvenience. There is a threshold in place. Like many forums it's mostly a preventive measure against spam bots. It should be 10 posts. (I'll need to double check.)
              Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
              Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
              Please Support The Fandom Post

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

                Thanks for the explanation. I'm now two posts closer to reaching that threshold then!

                Also, I tried to post a comment concerning a DVD/BD issue in this thread:
                http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...the-Yokai-Clan

                but it stated that my post is awaiting moderation, yet how am I able to post here immediately?

                btw that was a day ago, and I guess it's still in some moderator queue somewhere?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

                  Originally posted by npcomplete View Post
                  Also, I tried to post a comment concerning a DVD/BD issue in this thread:
                  http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...the-Yokai-Clan

                  but it stated that my post is awaiting moderation, yet how am I able to post here immediately?

                  btw that was a day ago, and I guess it's still in some moderator queue somewhere?
                  The automated software that blocks spam posts has certain things that it looks for in posts, which includes large amounts of quoting and links to other websites. That's why your post got put into Moderated status (but is visible to all users now).

                  Not all moderators have the ability to approve posts in all forums, thus why sometimes there are delays before a post that is good gets approved. We're sorry about the inconvenience, but if we didn't have the automated system in place, the forum would be overrun by spam within days.

                  We do try to make a regular check of moderated posts, but as you'll remember from AoD, we're a volunteer staff and have other demands on our time, so thanks for having some patience.
                  Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                  Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                  Casually Reviewing: ???

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

                    Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                    Originally posted by npcomplete View Post
                    Also, I tried to post a comment concerning a DVD/BD issue in this thread:
                    http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...the-Yokai-Clan

                    but it stated that my post is awaiting moderation, yet how am I able to post here immediately?

                    btw that was a day ago, and I guess it's still in some moderator queue somewhere?
                    The automated software that blocks spam posts has certain things that it looks for in posts, which includes large amounts of quoting and links to other websites. That's why your post got put into Moderated status (but is visible to all users now).
                    And note this only applies to users under the threshold. The restrictions go away after that.
                    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                    Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                    Please Support The Fandom Post

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

                      Ah ok. Yeah I definitely understand the issue with spam. Thanks guys for helping out

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

                        I was wondering what was going on. I've never posted here much, and went to make one and I couldn't seem to get it to go through. I didn't notice until I submitted it for like the second or third time that it was telling me it needed a moderator to approve it before it would become visible. At least now I know why.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

                          Originally posted by Sekiraku Bunchou View Post
                          I was wondering what was going on. I've never posted here much, and went to make one and I couldn't seem to get it to go through. I didn't notice until I submitted it for like the second or third time that it was telling me it needed a moderator to approve it before it would become visible. At least now I know why.
                          Should be taken care of now. It's an unfortunate measure we've had to take because of automatic posting bots that would otherwise flood the forum.
                          Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                          Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                          Casually Reviewing: ???

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

                            Hello While I used to be active on the old AoD forums, I'm not active very much here any more. Today though, I wanted to put a post in the glitch disc forum, but saw that I couldn't start a new thread. I don't see any requirements before you're allowed to in the rules, so could you please share that with me? Thanks

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

                              Originally posted by Covnam View Post
                              Today though, I wanted to put a post in the glitch disc forum, but saw that I couldn't start a new thread. I don't see any requirements before you're allowed to in the rules, so could you please share that with me? Thanks
                              bctaris mentioned it at one point in this thread: it should be 10 posts, if nothing has changed since then.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: The Fandom Forums FAQs and Guides Thread

                                Thanks =)

                                Comment

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

                                Channels

                                Collapse

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X