X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: increase "Last edited by" time out

Widgets Magazine
    This is just a suggestion:

Often I make a post, then re-read the post and discover a small mistake (spelling, grammar, etc) and want to edit my post to fix the mistake.

What I don't want to see if I edit my post within a few minutes after making it, is a "Last edited by" message, as usually I didn't make any significant change to my post and hardly anybody has read my post anyway.

The vBulletin option Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Last Edited by...' time is probably set to a default low amount of minutes.

I would suggest increasing the time out limit to 10 or 15 minutes. That would leave more than enough time to re-read my post and fix any mistakes.

(And yes, yes, I should of course re-read my post before hitting "reply" but sometimes I'm just a bit to eager and forget to do that...)
    No Blu-Ray, No Buy. Seriously, it's 2016.
    My Backlog

Re: Suggestion: increase "Last edited by" time out

I think what the limit it is set to right now is probably around 1-2 minutes, which is typically sufficient for reading through a post to find errors. I agree with you because I do it all the time myself, but you just have to deal with the edited message if it happens to be too long afterward. I think 10-15 minutes is way too much time, and probably 5 minutes is the most that should be deemed necessary. Even longer posts shouldn't take that much time to read back through. By looking at the time a post was edited and the time it was created it's pretty clear when a post was edited just for minor corrections.
    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

I think at least five minutes would probably be good, as it took that long to fix an error I noticed immediately after submitting a reply earlier today (due to slow loading).

Comment

I don't really pay that much attention to the "Last edited by" comment, unless the edit was made by a moderator. I always make typos on my posts so I'm constantly re-reading my posts as a force of habit.
        Currently Watching | MAL Profile
        Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X