Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of 503 Notices and Slow Loads

Widgets Magazine
    I've ben encountering a lot 503 notices today, and slow loads, even within the forums.
    My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
    1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
    2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
    3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Re: Lots of 503 Noitices and Slow Loads

503 problems have been happening a lot in the past few hours. I thought that the 503 problems were taken care of a couple of weeks ago, but now they are back.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

There does seem to be an unusual number of page load failures tonight.
      Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
      Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Yeah, there sure is a lot of 503 notices and slow loads... As a matter of fact, it took an eternity to post this.

Comment

Looks like we're heading back into website mode::crippled. This on top of my internet provider sucking, is rather frustrating.

Edit: It seems to have eased up a bit now, so I can more than likely blame it entirely on my ISP.
          Last edited by Mc-Taz; 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

I'm getting lots of 503s tonight. I'm surprised that this post even made it through.
            Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
            Scratchy for Tama is angry.
            Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
              I'm getting lots of 503s tonight. I'm surprised that this post even made it through.
              Same here... it was okay earlier in the day, but now the site has gotten finicky again.
              Ana & Matsuri, summer strawberries || my avatar library
              ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon R; Tenchi Muyo! OVA
              ~ Last Watched: MIRAI; Spirited Away; My Neighbors the Yamadas; SCHOOL-LIVE!; Princess Mononoke; Whisper of the Heart
              homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                SO many attempts to make a simple post. Hope the problem will be solve soon.

Comment

So I guess the Experience system was removed to deal with this problem? Not that I'm going to miss it all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                    So I guess the Experience system was removed to deal with this problem? Not that I'm going to miss it all that much.
                    It appears to be working. I haven't ran into a 503 error at all today.
                    Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
                    Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Yeah... I hope the problem is solved now.

Comment

And once again, it was in full force this morning. The 503s just keep on coming.
                        Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Removed a few things yesterday, such as the experience, since that does do regular calculations. Improved minorly. Made a different change today (from fastcgi to cgi for php 5.3 for those that want to know) and am waiting to see how that all balances out. The problem still seems to come when new articles are added to wordpress in that it takes up a lot of the resources. Shifting to regular cgi should help to kill the errant processes more quickly. Or at least that's my hope.
                          Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Same here. I mean it was amusing in the short term. However in the long term the numbers and bars started to feel meaningless. Plus, it's probably less cluttered this way.
                            "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                            Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

It was a nice idea at the time. But if it meant performance problems, then I have no problems doing away with it. At the very least, I will not be getting any more PMs regarding awards issued and removed as I had been crossing the activity award threshold too many times.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X