Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMS Talks The CW ‘Babylon 5’ Reboot

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.fandompost.com/wp-conten...go-240x117.jpgIt's time to return to Babylon 5

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

I'm hopeful (as you may have guess from my screen name and avatar). I've got the season sets, and - on a rewatch - its obvious there are several points where they had to write out a character in a hurry. The most glaring is probably Jeffrey Sinclair, the protagonist of Season One. Now, it worked - but its also clear that JMS never meant to do that. . . which meant changes for the other characters tied to him. Michael Garibaldi, for instance, never got to have his hero's death defending the gates of Babylon (which they had teased several times). And other plotlines - including the Docker's Guild and the telepaths - more or less got shoved to the side.

Still, a reboot is always a tricky thing. I know that I don't agree with JMS on some of his interpretations of the original, particularly the "Man in the Middle" line. And its been almost thirty years - just look at the mess George Lucas made of Star Wars, when he came back to do the prequels.

Still, though, I've got my fingers crossed. And here's hoping a whole new generation finds the Five Questions intriguing. "Who are you?"
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X