Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Teen Titans Go!’ Gets Second Season Renewal

Widgets Magazine
    Well, this one is only going to anger a segment of the fans a good bit more. After the few weeks of episodes we’ve had so far,*Teen Titans Go! has gotten a second season renewal notice based on the strength of it’s 7:30 PM showings on Tuesday evenings. The series has been getting a second [...]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: ‘Teen Titans Go!’ Gets Second Season Renewal

. . . The show getting a second season renewal so early is frustrating for fans of shows like Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series, which seemingly went down to the wire and had to contend with poor broadcast schedules. . .

. . . it’s definitely not the kind of show that can step into the shoes left by the first two DC Nation shows. . .
    I know its hard when a favorite show ends or gets cancelled, but maybe its time to stop scapegoating Teen Titans Go for the cancellation of Green Lantern and Young Justice. Lots of interesting superhero shows have been cancelled, often involving more popular heroes than Young Justice or Green Lantern. Off-hand, that list includes The Fantastic Four, The Avengers, Iron Man, The Silver Surfer, two Spiderman shows, three X-Men & Batman titles (each) . . . And that's not counting oddball gems such as Static Shock, Ultraforce and Savage Dragon. If the ratings/money aren't there, they aren't there. I'd love to see more of Spike's live action Blade series, but . . . at some point, you have to let it go.

On a related note, is it really fair to be upset with the Teen Titans Go time slot? Young Justice, for example, debuted on Fridays in prime time, so why begrudge Teen Titans Go a Tuesday slot? I mean, that's the same slot the Total Drama franchise got - a good series, but its hardly a prestigious slot.

Teen Titans Go . . . comes across as something that not only doesn’t do justice to the original, but takes away from what it accomplished.

We’ve been enjoying the series for what it is, and the three kids in my house adore it and the silliness of it, but . . .
    Okay, Teen Titans Go! is silly and humorous, but . . . so what? The original Teen Titans featured an actual, world-ending apocalypse, where a demon lord destroyed all humanity and claimed the Earth for his own. And the Teen Titans still managed to win. They reversed the Apocalypse! How do you even begin to top that? Going for comedy was probably the only viable strategy to continue with the characters.
    Last edited by One Vorlon; 06-12-2013, 03:41 AM.
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Not surprising, wacky action/comedy shows seem to be the 'in' thing at the moment.

Just as long as Beware the Batman gets a decent run, with the new Avengers cartoon being rather lacklustre I don't have anything else to look forward to now.

Comment

I loved the original Teen Titans, but I'm also loving the new Teen Titans Go! Each series is accomplishing something different, and I enjoy them for different reasons and on their own merits. In short, I'm glad it's getting renewed.
        Avatar: Claire Augustus from Questionable Content

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X