X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Season 3, Episode 13 - Magical Mystery Cure

Originally posted by Ayana Mudou View Post
    Originally posted by Isuzu Inugami View Post
    ...And now we have entered the Ponywinter between seasons.
    I offer two jokes for your humor convenience:

Joke 1: You youngsters don't remember what it was like, trying to survive the Ponywinter of 2013. It seemed like it went on forever. The Ponysummer of 2012/13 was so short, too. We hardly had any provisions to tide us over. We were so desperate, we resorted to getting our pony fix any way we could. Japanese dubs! Rule 34 fan art! Yuri fanfics! Remixes on YouTube! We were desperate! You kids today have it too easy with your Netflixes and iTunes and Hulus and Ataris. You need to experience a Ponywinter of '13 for yourself! It'll toughen you up!

Joke 2: So viewing the Japanese dub will be like a Winter Wrap-Up?

Please choose which ever makes you laugh.
    It's really not too bad, since we do have the comics now (which in some ways, can be even better than the show! The main arcs, at least).
    The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

• Re: My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic discussion thread

Aaaand Season Two is available for preorder at Amazon! Is this another Amazon exclusive?

I was expecting it would come out a year after the first season, but here it is already!
      Avatar: Trixie is appalled by whatever I just said.

Comment

...Also, I have committed fanfic. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Comment

Aaaand Season Two is available for preorder at Amazon! Is this another Amazon exclusive?

I was expecting it would come out a year after the first season, but here it is already!
          Yeah, pre-ordered the moment I learned it was solicited. The select episode commentaries on Season One were kinda fun, and, hell, even though I have HD video files of all the episodes, I like to feel that I'm actually "supporting" the show...

Since an image of Princess Cadence was used on the disc art of Season One, I wonder which out-of-season character they'll use this time? King Sombra? Lightning Dust?

Spoiler ->Alicorn Princess Twilight?

Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

So glad Shout Finally got season 2 out, hopefully season 3 will follow suite come fall *if they stick to the current pattern there seems to be a 5 month wait between season sets S1 Dec 2012, S2 May 2013, so S3 should be out around Oct 2013, just a Month or so before season 4 starts on TV, Nice!

Also, still loving the MLP comic, the Rarity Micro was probably the best one yet!!!
            Toonami Faithful since 1997!!!
            Ballzy enough to like things that aren't cool to like.
            Brony, Bleach Fan, Case Closed/Detective Conan Fanboy.

Comment

All I know about the MLP comics is that Rarity has a picture of Applejack on her nightstand, which feeds all my worst Rarijack yuri slashfic fantasies.
              Avatar: Claire Augustus from Questionable Content

Comment

For those with the Hub, the Equestria Girls movie is airing on the channel today and tomorrow. Also, before the first showing of the film, The Hub had a mini-marathon to coincide with an online poll to see who fans considered to be the best pony of the Mane 6 (in a pleasant surprise, it isn't Twilight, but Fluttershy :D ).

BTW, since it wasn't mentioned here yet, did anyone else check out the animatics for Season 4 that was shown at Comic-Con this past July? Definitely some interesting stuff in terms of what to expect in the upcoming season (which starts in November).
                Joseph Klemm
                "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Fluttershy won best pony?!

yay. *squee*
                  Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

While we continue to wait for season 4 to start, there's a number of interesting fan videos worth checking out:

Double Rainboom
                    Snowdrop
                    Fluffle Puff Tales: PFUDOR
                    Children of the Night
                    Epic Rage Time: The Incredible Derp (featuring Gary DeLisle as Derpy Hooves)
                    Joseph Klemm

Spring 2015 Plans

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
                      Children of the Night is kind of horrifying in its implications....

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
                        Children of the Night is kind of horrifying in its implications....
                        Well, the song that's used in it came from the Disney film Hocus Pocus, with it being sung by a witch as a way to lure children so that she and her sisters can absorb their life force (although, in the case of Children of the Night, the purpose is likely less sinister).
                        Joseph Klemm

Spring 2015 Plans

Comment

A quick reminder, fellow bronies-The 4th season premiere of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is tomorrow (11/23/13) at 10:00AM EDT/9:00AM CDT on The Hub. Enjoy!
                          Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
                          Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
                          Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                            A quick reminder, fellow bronies-The 4th season premiere of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is tomorrow (11/23/13) at 10:00AM EDT/9:00AM CDT on The Hub. Enjoy!
                            Epic! I must say

Spoiler ->Discord's portrayal here did a lot to make up for my dissatisfaction with Keep Calm and Flutter On.

And I could watch Twilight trying to fly all day.
                            Last edited by Isuzu Inugami; 11-25-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Season 4, Episodes 1-2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle

At long, long last new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Has Nothing to Do with a Few Magical Trinkets, Applejack!

--I honestly have no problem with Twilight struggling to fly after doing that swoop at the end of Magical Mystery Cure. I don't consider the swoop to be anything more than an artistic flourish.
                              --Twilight is reacting to her princesshood exactly as she would, uncomfortable, modest, always relatable, and a word that's ridiculously overused on the internet but applies here, adorkable.
                              --I was kind of disappointed the new opener is mostly the same up until the group shot. But it's nice to see so many minor characters appearing in it (even Photo Finish!). I could've done without Snips and Snails-I didn't like how they had the biggest role in Equestria Girls out of all the minor characters. Also, I was at a Brony party when I saw this and they pointed out that Discord can be seen in the window during Fluttershy's part. I would've never noticed that on my own.
                              --Pinkie may never be an alicorn, but she may one day turn in Homer Simpson considering how she zones out over frosting.
                              --Hey Twilight, I have an idea about your first decree--banish the Mayor!
                              --Oh that's so touching, Applejack! They might split up, but they'll always be connected...because they have the Elements of Harmony. Not because they're friends or anything, just because they happen to have some magical trinkets. Aw.
                              --I love those little glasses Rarity wears when she's in the artistic zone
                              --Pinkie sending a letter to Twilight answering a statement she just made is one of my favorite "Pinkie bends the fabric of reality" gags.
                              --So that's why Celestia gave Twilight wings--so the ceiling would stop her from going all Lesson Zero on us.
                              --Celestia does seem to be showing more emotion than just generally warm. Including the ever important screaming when taken by the invading Everfree Forest.
                              --The guards need to work on their stoicism. Leave the overacting to Rarity, guys.
                              --No need to make any tentacle hentai jokes about the vines. They clearly play for the other team and are only interested in Big Mac's butt. They're also smart enough to not let Big Mac try to pull them--he might end up pulling the planet off its axis.
                              --It might not be the best idea to try and ram clouds filled with spikes, Dash
                              --With the teapot tricks at Rarity's place, you can see why they would think this was Discord's doing. Him or Disney, anyway.
                              --Sweetie Belle is finally getting her comeuppance for calling fabric dumb.
                              --Twilight's new wings make broken engine sounds when they move and come with a seatbelt. Maybe the big surprise at the end of the season is that she gets a GPS added.
                              --Finally any acknowledgement that Rarity can do magic too. Right at a time when she can't do magic.
                              --It never gets old watching Rainbow Dash rescue Fluttershy.
                              --Welcome back to the show, John De L...I mean Discord!
                              --Discord really isn't helping his case for not being responsible for this when he keeps manipuating the vines.
                              --Not sure how Twilight knows the eact spell to use on Zecora's potion.
                              --The potion turned Twilight into the Avatar! Presumably Zecora is a spy from Legend of Korra looking to get a new Avatar for that show's world. Maybe one who can actually win a fight once in a while.
                              --The first flashback with Luna turning into Nightmare Moon doesn't really reveal anything we didn't already know, but good lord is it cool and epic. It also shows that Nightmare Moon actually has weapons in her arsenal besides illusionary Wonderbolts clones and ambiguously gay serpents.
                              --I agree with Discord; Twilight should take her sobbing uncontrollably on the road. She'd make a lot of money off the moe crowd. Get rid of the baby sound effects though.
                              --Looking at the other flashbacks, I have to wonder why in Twiight's flashback in Cutie Mark Chronicles, Celestia didn't react to Twilight's cutie mark being the same as the main Element from the Tree of Harmony.
                              --The Cragodile looks kind of like something out of a Don Bluth movie, which is to say it looks fantastic. The animation is really impressive in this episode. You would think there's only so much you can do with something made in Flash, but the animators continue to outdo themselves.
                              --The scenes with Twilight getting sent out of the forest by her friends and then right back in by Discord go by too fast to have the impact they were looking for But at least we got the Twilight Cane meme. And yes, I do desperately want a scepter with a Gravity Falls-ified Twilight head on it. Also, apparently Discord was trying to start a BDSM service.
                              --"We're simply lost without you. Equestria may need it's princess, but we need our friend!" Nice of Fluttershy to share Corny Line duties with Rarity and Rainbow Dash this time.
                              --Having to give up the Elements of Harmony does not really come across as the major sacrifice they make it out to be. Firstly, Applejack should know better than to think the only thing connecting the characters is the Elements. Secondly, they only used them to save Equestria twice really. Crysallis and Sombra were both beaten without them.
                              --The Tree of Harmony is restored, Celestia and Luna are returned, and a box appears. Six locks, six keys, six character arcs, season-long story arc. YES YES YES!
                              --Fluttershy and Fluttershy alone remains the only one who can get Discord to back down. I guess it makes sense that pre-reform Discord was responsible for the vines considering how he can control them. Kind of gross that he ate one of the seeds.
                              --Apparently this episode is exactly one year after the pilot. What an eventful year that was. Except for the winter, when apparently almost nothing happened.

This was the first episode I saw at a Brony meetup and that combined with the nine-month layoff meant I couldn't help but really, really like this premiere. It had it's flaws, but they continue to get better at having an epic feel to the storylines of these two-parters. And Twilight remains just as lovable and relatable as ever. But what I really LOVE is the potential the season long story arc presents. Obviously each key will be tied into something happening to one of the Mane Six, and Twilight's ascension means that big changes for the characters are now on the table. Meghan Mccarthy's tweets have also hinted that big things await the characters. This could turn out to be amazing.
                              Last edited by Marko; 11-26-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Re: Season 4, Episodes 1-2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle

Seeing the flashbacks of Luna's transformation to Nightmare Moon and the defeat of Discord was neat. I'm looking forward to the promise of a season long story arc. While season 3 had some great episodes, the Crystal Empire stuff was a bit too much toys taking presidence over plot for me. Getting rid of the Elements of Harmony is also interesting. As Marko pointed out in his very in depth post above, the mane six have prevailed without them more often or not, but it prevents their existence from getting in the way of any potential obstacles the writers want to throw at the mane six. By that I mean, their removal prevents the audience from wondering why they don't just use the Elements of Harmony to solve any problems that come up.

One of the better season opening arcs and Princess Twilight is being handled pretty well so far. The six keys mean that each of the main ponies should get a chance to shine and grow.
                                Avatar: Pariya from Otoyomegatari.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X