Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Dune’ Film Potential Breakdown Surfaces

Widgets Magazine
    This came up during the busy SDCC period so it’s not a surprise it didn’t get a ton of attention. With progress being made in moving forward with the Dune film with?Denis Villeneuve working on it, a new wrinkle has appeared regarding it. The original book was written by Frank Herbert and he later on […]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

I agree with you, that giving this a premium cable channel treatment is the best way. That said, breaking the first book into 2 parts might actually work. For that matter, if The Hobbit could be broken up into 3 movies (a mistake, IMHO) by bringing in other source material, Dune could easily match or surpass that. Where The Hobbit went wrong IMHO, was in just creating too much new material, not bringing in the other source material.

Dune is an amazing book and an amazing series of books. It'll be interesting to see if yet another "unfilmable" property can successfully make the transition, even without Sting in futuristic jockey shorts.
    My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
    1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
    2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
    3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X