Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Miller Boards ‘Neuromancer’ Cyberpunk Adaptation

Widgets Magazine
    There was a lot of disappointment when?Deadpool director Tim Miller dropped out of that sequel but it’s clear that Fox wants to keep him at the studio. He’s now aligned with producer Simon Kinberg to direct an adaptation of the William Gibson novel?Neuromancer that came out back in 1986. One of the cultural touchstones that […]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

It's arriving so late tot he party that I wonder at how well it will do. It set up and really created the whole cyberpunk genre, but so much of that has hit theaters in so many ways, from pure straight up cyberpunk movies to films that are influenced by the genre, that I wonder if this will ever make it out.
    My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
    1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
    2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
    3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

I look forward to it. Molly Millions - the original razorgirl - is such an iconic character, I can't wait to see her on the big screen.

My concern, though, is that the plot of Neuromancer might be a bit staccato (i.e. episodic) for a movie. Given how Wintermute built the team up, person by person, from around the globe, and how much time the book spent on it, a straight adaptation would probably work better as a miniseries. Two episodes on Case's recruitment, another two on Dixie Flatline, one each on Rivera and Armitage, then two-to-four in Straylight . . .
      "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X