Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Day Movie Challenge Day 8: Your Sad Movie

Widgets Magazine
    Okay, okay, get the jokes out of the way that*Titanic existing as a film as it does for any number of reasons makes you sad at the state of film and cinema. For me,*Titanic is a film that does a masterful job of manipulating you even when you know full well you’re being manipulated. One […]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: 30 Day Movie Challenge Day 8: Your Sad Movie

Easy answer: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

Boy and girl fall in love, but girl's mother won't let the couple marry. Boy is drafted and goes to war. Girl discovers she is pregnant. Older man with money offers to marry her...

And the whole film is entirely sung, with music by Michel Legrand.

This film wipes me out. Because besides the music, the film stars the impossibly young and beautiful Catherine Deneuve as the girl. She definitely inspires moe feelings in me.
    Seattle will never forget you, Electron Boy! - Donate to the Make-a-Wish Foundation
    Avatar: You're going to LOVE HER!!!!!
    Σ UFO = Mr. Nail Bat = Geoduck = Big Big Duck
    You can believe everything I say, as it is based on emperical data.

Comment

Obvious once I remembered it.

Cinema Paradisio

Lost love under one of Moriccone's more iconic scores, and one of the most sincere movies about movies made. A little too sincere, in fact. But that final scene could draw emotion out of a rock.
      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
      TFP Forum Rules

Comment

The Green Mile

Cried like a baby at the end of it, first time I saw it.

Second time I saw it? Started bawling tears about 5 minutes into the film

Spoiler ->...about the time they're watching "Cheek to Cheek" on the TV in the retirement home...

, and didn't stop crying.
        Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X