Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Day Movie Challenge Day 7: Your Happy Movie

Widgets Magazine
    One of the things missing from the 30 day challenge that I’m doing is that there’s nothing there for the most part about romantic movies. Much to the chagrin of my significant other, I*love*romance movies. Dramas, comedies and everything in between. There’s just something about them that I enjoy even when they put you through […]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: 30 Day Movie Challenge Day 7: Your Happy Movie

Yeah, I'll come out and agree. Love Actually it is. And, actually, it's been a couple years since I last watched it, because for several years after it came out it was kind of a minor hit, a somewhat more personal guilty pleasure. But then it was gobbled up by the same forces that made A Christmas Story a 24-hour TV event. Now everyone loves Love Actually. It still gets me, I'm a sucker for hopeless romanticism under a swelling melancholic score, but I have to give it some distance before it losses any of its charm. (Watched A Christmas Story, for instance, for the first time in at least five years last year, for good effect.)

Ha, and completely forgot that's where I first saw Andrew Lincoln.
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Re: 30 Day Movie Challenge Day 7: Your Happy Movie

Probably my go-to happy movie would be Local Hero, the story of an oil company agent who goes to Scotland to negotiate the purchase of an entire village add the location of a refinery. The plot doesn't proceed as you'd expect: the villagers are eager to sell and get rich. But things happen, and the outsider falls in love with the weird little village. Great performances from Peter Riegert, Denis Lawson, Burt Lancaster, the film debut of Peter Capaldi, fine direction from Bill Forsyth. I love films with Scottish themes, and this is, in my opinion, the greatest Scottish film.

Musicals are good feel good films: Singing in the Rain and Easter Parade are probably my favorites in that department.

I never stop smiling at Miracle on 34th Street: Edmund Gwenn is a perfect Santa.

And Pee-Wee's Big Adventure always improves my mood.
      Seattle will never forget you, Electron Boy! - Donate to the Make-a-Wish Foundation
      Avatar: You're going to LOVE HER!!!!!
      Σ UFO = Mr. Nail Bat = Geoduck = Big Big Duck
      You can believe everything I say, as it is based on emperical data.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X