Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Day Movie Challenge Day 3: Your Favorite Adventure Movie

Widgets Magazine
    Holy crap, is that*Han Solo?! At the tender age of ten, having enjoyed the 1977 film*Star Wars and being head over heels with the 1980 feature The Empire Strikes Back, it’s obvious a lot of kids around my age range wanted to be either Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. Most of us had no clue […]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: 30 Day Movie Challenge Day 3: Your Favorite Adventure Movie

Yes, Raiders. As close to a perfect action-adventure movie as you can get.
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    TFP Forum Rules

Comment

I don't want to repeat my overall favorite movie (The Man Who Would Be King), so I'll choose another title.

I'm anticipating that "Favorite Fantasy Movie" will be a future installment of this series, so I'll save [redacted] for that.

I have a feeling that "Favorite Epic Movie" might end up as a category as well, so I'll also hold on to [redacted].

So I've got some titles that are adventure films, but ina much more downbeat way.

Aguirre, The Wrath of God: Werner Herzog's 1970s film about a conquistador leading a doomed expedition on the Amazon. Absolutely hypnotic.

The Wages of Fear and Sorcerer: the 1950s French original and the 1970s American remake about a ragtag bunch of misfits who are driving trucks full of nitroglycerin through a hazardous jungle road. Both of the films are absolutely amazing, but I like Sorcerer a bit more for more background on the protagonists, a superior ending, and the greatest role in Roy Scheider's distinguished career. Both films have scenes with great suspense and excitement, great visuals, and a bleak, nihilistic world view.
      Seattle will never forget you, Electron Boy! - Donate to the Make-a-Wish Foundation
      Avatar: You're going to LOVE HER!!!!!
      Σ UFO = Mr. Nail Bat = Geoduck = Big Big Duck
      You can believe everything I say, as it is based on emperical data.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigma UFO View Post
        The Wages of Fear and Sorcerer: the 1950s French original and the 1970s American remake about a ragtag bunch of misfits who are driving trucks full of nitroglycerin through a hazardous jungle road. Both of the films are absolutely amazing, but I like Sorcerer a bit more for more background on the protagonists, a superior ending, and the greatest role in Roy Scheider's distinguished career. Both films have scenes with great suspense and excitement, great visuals, and a bleak, nihilistic world view.
        Sorceror's great. Almost more a thriller to me, both in the movie itself, and the appreciation for how they made the movie. Which actually brings to mind, of several others (and your suggestion of Aguirre), a close runner up in the sprawling category of Adventure: Herzog's other intense South American movie about (Klaus Kinski-fueled) megalomania, Fitzcarraldo.
        Last edited by bctaris; 11-03-2014, 08:26 PM.
        Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
        TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Raiders of the Lost Ark is the ultimate adventure movie.
          My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
          1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
          2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
          3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
            Yes, Raiders. As close to a perfect action-adventure movie as you can get.
            Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
            Raiders of the Lost Ark is the ultimate adventure movie.
            I'm with you guys on Raiders as well-It's a rollicking, fun adventure movie in the style of the old cliffhanger movie serials of the 1930s/1940s. Steven Spielberg & George Lucas hit a home run with this movie IMO, especially with the choices of Harrison Ford as Indy & Karen Allen as Marian. Highly recommended.
            Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
            Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
            Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X