Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karen Gillan Wants ‘Spider-Girl’ Time

Widgets Magazine
    Karen Gillan has a lot of fans from her time on*Doctor Who and she’s going to get a few more when she appears in*Guardians of the Galaxy this summer. And because she’s in a big new movie coming up, there’s a lot of interviews and press junket things going on where you have to feel […]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: Karen Gillan Wants ‘Spider-Girl’ Time

I'd take this with a grain of salt. If you look at the excerpt, Karen Gillian doesn't actually knows who the character is. In fact, this was the first time she'd even heard of her:

Originally posted by SFX
    If you could play a superhero, which one would you choose?
    Yeah, who is there…? I want to play a version of Spider-Man that’s a lady.

Spider-Woman?
    Spider-Woman – does she exist?

There’s a Spider-Woman and a Spider-Girl.
    I want to play Spider-Girl!
    So it sounds like Karen just wants to wear spandex and swing from buildings, rather than having any particular attachment to the character. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm more impressed with someone like Angie Harmon (from Rizzoli and Isles), who declared that she wants to play She-Hulk. Not only did she come up with the name unprompted, she was familiar with the character's background and able to explain why she wanted the role.

Edit: Angie Harmon even went on Conan to talk about being She-Hulk. Here's the link
    Last edited by One Vorlon; 06-20-2014, 10:19 PM. Reason: typo, adding the Conan link
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Re: Karen Gillan Wants ‘Spider-Girl’ Time

I could totally see her as May-Day Parker unless she prefers to play Anna (aka Arana) the current 616 Spider-Girl.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X