Widgets Magazine

I'm convinced it's no longer a coincidence. (Left Ear Bud Dies Yet Again)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm convinced it's no longer a coincidence. (Left Ear Bud Dies Yet Again)

Widgets Magazine
    After having yet another pair of headphones, earbuds, etc.... where it's the left side that dies or starts dying, I've come to a conclusion.

It's NOT coincidence. It can't be. In fact I'm starting to think they're designed that way on ******ing purpose as a ploy to get people to buy another pair eventually.

Yes, I'm probably wrong, but this is starting to piss me off. And I know even if I were to get an expensive pair costing say $9,000 (not that I'd ever go that far), the left side will still find a way to die.

Meh, 2012 must hate my ear buds as well. Well, it hates everything else.

Only saving grace is I have a second pair of earbuds that also is half dead. So I guess if I wanted to played the DS and PSP at the same time and half-listen to both I can?

However this does me no good for the computer.
    Seriously, this just seems odd for it to always be the left one.
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
    Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Re: I'm convinced it's no longer a coincidence. (Left Ear Bud Dies Yet Again)

The same thing used to happen to me all the time. I'd buy earbud headphones and one ear would go out one to six months later, shortly followed by the other a couple weeks later. Price did not seem to make a difference on how long one would last either. However, the last pair I bought has not gone out yet. I'm not sure if deciding to never wrap the cord fixed the issue or if it's just luck. I can sympathize with how annoying it is.
    Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

I've bought I think like 10 headphones (approximately half earbuds for the gym and half not for my audio at home) over the years because the audio ended up dying in the left or right ear. Part of the reason why I too ended up not really caring about the cost of the headphones is because without fail, they ended up dying because of a short in the cable. If I'm going to replace something every year or so anyway, why spend a lot of money on it?
      "Ninjas, sushi, schoolgirls, samurai, and boobs. These are the things that cross all borders, and tie us together!"

Current backlog purgatory: 39 Boxes Proof that anime costs more than drugs | Conquering the world one game at a time

Comment

I have had a lot of them do that over the years and not just earbuds, headphones too. We have some at the radio station I work at that have that issue when we have a show with more than two people on we have to use one of the broken sets and it gets annoying. When I buy earbuds I normally now a days buy the real cheap ones from the Whalgreens down the street from my house.
        My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
        PSN: RYPLYLER
        3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

I've got a pair of basic Sony headphones that I bought at Best Buy back in the late 90's or early 2000's.

I treat them normally (no kid gloves, but not roughly), the leather ear muffs are splitting from age, and they're still going strong.

And yes, they get used regularly on my equally as old Sony 3-CD stereo system. That is from 1998 (still have the box, manual, and receipt) and still runs perfectly as well.

Comment

I bought a pair of "rugged" earbuds not long ago. They feel rather tough, but recently, I've noticed there must be a short or exposed wire somewhere. It gets especially bad when I pull my gloves out of the pockets of my wool coat.
            My animé & figure collections
            Hummingbird
            || Tweeterings
            XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

I could never embrace earbuds. I always just keep buying standard headphones. Though in my case they usually don't die very quickly unless I foolishly borrow them to someone.
              Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X