X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would win...

Widgets Magazine
    ...in a downhill race on Mt. Akina? Yue on her broom, or Takumi in his AE86?
    "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
    Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
    Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Re: Who would win...

I think you are the only one who would win that race, Zeether.
    MAL Profile | My Figure Collection | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Zeether View Post
      I assume you mean Yue from Negima, but I'm afraid I don't recognize the other references. Who is Takumi, and what is an AE86? And Mt. Akina - how does it fit in?
      "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
        I assume you mean Yue from Negima, but I'm afraid I don't recognize the other references. Who is Takumi, and what is an AE86? And Mt. Akina - how does it fit in?
        Yeah, Yue from Negima. Takumi is a character from Initial D and the AE86 is his Toyota Corolla. Mt. Akina is the area where they hold downhill races. The question asks whether Yue on her broom could win a race against Takumi's drifting techniques. The answer to that is- neither. See winner in the avatar left of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
          Yeah, Yue from Negima. Takumi is a character from Initial D and the AE86 is his Toyota Corolla. Mt. Akina is the area where they hold downhill races. The question asks whether Yue on her broom could win a race against Takumi's drifting techniques. The answer to that is- neither. See winner in the avatar left of this post.
          Hmm . . . can Yue fly straight down the mountain, or does she have to follow the same course (i.e. the road) as Takumi?
          "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by malazar View Post
            This is the only answer.
            Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
            Scratchy for Tama is angry.
            I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
            Casual

Comment

Hmm . . . can Yue fly straight down the mountain, or does she have to follow the same course (i.e. the road) as Takumi?
              Road, because straight down would be plain cheating.
              "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
              Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
              Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                Originally posted by malazar View Post
                This is the only answer.
                Quoted for truth!

Comment

Assuming they are capable of comparable speed, Yue has negligible friction to deal with. Takuma is shedding energy drifting around turns, so Yue should have the advantage, assuming she can snap that broom around tightly enough to make a turn at speed. Of course, she doesn't have to worry about hurtling to her death if she goes wide, so that's an advantage, too.

You're going to make me check the manga to see if she ever makes any sharp-angled turns, aren't you....
                  Avatar: Trixie is appalled by whatever I just said.

Comment

*thumbs-up*

Straight down that hillside!
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Isuzu Inugami View Post
                      You're going to make me check the manga to see if she ever makes any sharp-angled turns, aren't you....
                      Or just watch the last OAD (which is all about her initial adventures in the magical world), and that will answer your question.

Er, wait, does that you mean you *aren't* reading the manga? If that's the case, you need to start reading the manga ASAP.
                      So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
                        Originally posted by Isuzu Inugami View Post
                        Er, wait, does that you mean you *aren't* reading the manga? If that's the case, you need to start reading the manga ASAP.
                        Sorry, re-check the manga! Don't worry!
                        Avatar: Trixie is appalled by whatever I just said.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                          *thumbs-up*

And [email protected] to the wall!
                          Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
                          Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
                          Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                            Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                            *thumbs-up*

And [email protected] to the wall!
                            "I wish I was born as a motorcycle seat!"

Or however that line went. :D

I really need to watch that OVA again.
                            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

The answer to that is- neither. See winner in the avatar left of this post.
                              Either him or someone from School Rumble (given the first episode of that series). :p
                              Joseph Klemm
                              "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                              Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                              Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                              Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine