Widgets Magazine

The Final Year Has Already Started! (End of the World!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Final Year Has Already Started! (End of the World!)

Widgets Magazine
    That's right, people for awhile now it has been December 21st, 2011. The world will end on December 21st, 2012. So then what should do with out final year?

And if/when the world doesn't end then, are we supposed to laugh that the whole thing was ridiculous or cry tears of joy.

Also, I expect to see the Midgard Serpent and Leviathan having tea. Actually, stupid question. Considering the Midgard Serpent is supposed to be so large that it wraps around the world. Wouldn't we have found it by now?
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
    Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Re: The Final Year Has Already Started! (End of the World!)

Having someone on earth decide what will be the next world end!

Comment

Wait, someone around here is getting letters from End of the World? I have my rose signet, but no letters yet. Where are my letters?!
      Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
      ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon S; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter
      ~ Last Watched: Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya; The Wind Rises; From Up on Poppy Hill
      homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Originally posted by Serial Experiments Nobue View Post
        Wait, someone around here is getting letters from End of the World? I have my rose signet, but no letters yet. Where are my letters?!
        Don't be sad, maybe one day you'll be told "The World Ends With You". (Not that I'll ever play that)
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

I can't wait to be on the conspiracy forums on that day, will be entertaining haha. I guess I'll have to remember that it's on December 21st.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutliquidsnake View Post
            I can't wait to be on the conspiracy forums on that day, will be entertaining haha. I guess I'll have to remember that it's on December 21st.
            Speaking of which, the fun part is this. If turns out to be right, no one will be around to gloat. If turns out to be wrong, there will be much laughter. Either way, we're still doomed anyway. Yay for the Sun going Nova. I know it's billions of years way, but for some reason it worries me.

Comment

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
              That's right, people for awhile now it has been December 21st, 2011. The world will end on December 21st, 2012. So then what should do with out final year?
              I'll probably spend too much of it saying facetious things to people like, "oh shit, what are we going to do when the world actually ends on December 31, 2011, because there are no more pages in my wall calendars, and I'm too ignorant to realize that there are more days and different calendars for those days," and see if they get it.
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I thought it was December 12, 2012 (12/12/12). When did this change?

Comment

I'm going to do the same thing I did before all the other end of the world dates that came and went...whatever I want to do. The world will end one day, it's just a question of when...and hopefully we're talking past my lifetime.
                  "Ninjas, sushi, schoolgirls, samurai, and boobs. These are the things that cross all borders, and tie us together!"

Current backlog purgatory: 39 Boxes Proof that anime costs more than drugs | Conquering the world one game at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Zhen Ji View Post
                    I have no idea, I thought it was that myself. It's possible that the 12/12/12 thing was a joke by people who figured since the world will end in 2012, it should end on a special day.

It's also possible that some people might have made a mistake. There's also the idea that the two dates could come from two different sources. Heck, there are probably dozens and dozens of predicted end of the world dates.

Some of those of course have come to pass with the world still intact and we'll most likely pass by several more. How many more remains to be seen. People are going to keep guessing as many dates as possible.

Another thing that doesn't help. The fact that for all we know it might not be "End" as in the planet dies, but "End" as in the end of one era before the start of another.

Comment

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
                      Heck, there are probably dozens and dozens of predicted end of the world dates.
                      There are one or two. Not that Wiki is a reliable source or anything, but if I had a dollar for every doomsday date hatched, I could probably retire.
                      "Ninjas, sushi, schoolgirls, samurai, and boobs. These are the things that cross all borders, and tie us together!"

Current backlog purgatory: 39 Boxes Proof that anime costs more than drugs | Conquering the world one game at a time

Comment

Pffft, oh that is soooo last doomsday! Puh-leeze! Get with the program!

And to quote Criswell, a psychic from the Sixities who set doomsday in 1999, "If you and I were to meet on that fateful day, and make plans for lunch on the following afternoon, not one word would emit from our mouths, for we would have no future!"
                        Avatar: Trixie is appalled by whatever I just said.

Comment

Originally posted by Isuzu Inugami View Post
                          And to quote Criswell, a psychic from the Sixities who set doomsday in 1999, "If you and I were to meet on that fateful day, and make plans for lunch on the following afternoon, not one word would emit from our mouths, for we would have no future!"
                          1999? Well, technically that date was once correct. However after several times being told "The Future Refused to Change", we finally did manage to change it. Maybe that's why most of these dates never end up being "right". Time Travel!

Comment

I wish I still had that list of "The top 100 ways the world could possibly end", I think it was on Scifi's website. One of them was "Robots taking over" which could be possible a loooong time from now. There's this debate going on that robots could turn against their creator and cause mass destruction. If you've seen Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 you'll know what I mean. Though this was way far down the list. I believe the number one reason was "Nuclear war".

Comment

Originally posted by Isuzu Inugami View Post

Pffft, oh that is soooo last doomsday! Puh-leeze! Get with the program!
                              My bad...that's what happens when you have a child and have no life outside of motherhood.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X