• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talyn
    replied
    Re: Robert from online retailer RACS

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
    *snickers* .... "Store owners not run by dicks..." that's pretty funny!

Leave a comment:

• NJ_
    replied

And i'll just leave this here...

http://www.animenews.biz/2012/06/01/...e-golden-rule/

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
    Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
    How about Bobby? Little Bobby A. Nime.
    Can't accept that. It can not be any variation of "Robert". Yes, I'm being shallow here.
    why? Ashamed you share his name in glory? hmmm, BOB?
    Why? Because I'm being silly here? Or were people taking everything seriously?
    My post was as serious as your demand.

Leave a comment:

• Nylock
    replied

Some people assume any time a business says "This is worth trying out" that the said business is only saying it because of greed. You even get accusations that the said business is being paid off.

So by being "negative" you can appease such a crowd by giving the impression that you are not a puppet with strings being pulled by those "evil" companies trying to get people buy their in this case anime that must be bad.
    This is the only explanation I've seen that makes sense for him. Otherwise biting the hand that feeds is considered to be stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Njr Resurrection
    replied

How to others here really feel about Robert and/or RACS?
    Bought from RACS & have been happy with the service. RACS does international orders on CC without Kleckner's id theft-risk hoops. Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• Draneor
    replied

Originally posted by stfram View Post
    I have bought from him in the past, and if he has stuff at a reasonable price (like imported soundtracks), he may get my business in the future.
    FYI, it's almost always cheaper to import CDs directly from Japan. Particularly, if you're getting several.

Leave a comment:

• Momoka Kibi
    replied

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    Can't accept that. It can not be any variation of "Robert". Yes, I'm being shallow here.
    Why? Because I'm being silly here? Or were people taking everything seriously?

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Momoka Kibi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeOfPain
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Momoka Kibi
    replied

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
    Yeah, seriously, what's his deal there? He runs an anime store; wouldn't it be to his benefit to make new licenses sound as appealing as possible, since he would presumably want to, you know, actually SELL them at some point? And making digs at the people who actually provide the merchandise you sell doesn't seem like a good idea either. Some of his comments and behavior seem counter to his own interests.
    It could be for any number of reasons. Perhaps he has an attitude of "I'll say how I feel even if it hurts me". Or maybe he's just saying such stuff in order to get attention. Also, keep in mind the following.

Some people assume any time a business says "This is worth trying out" that the said business is only saying it because of greed. You even get accusations that the said business is being paid off.

So by being "negative" you can appease such a crowd by giving the impression that you are not a puppet with strings being pulled by those "evil" companies trying to get people buy their in this case anime that must be bad.

On a side note, I demand he change his first name. He's no longer worthy of the name Robert.

Leave a comment:

• dunno001
    replied

Originally posted by Master Roshi View Post
    Here is some more badmouthing from his newsletter today.

"In other license announcements, Discotek continues to dig through the bottom of the industries waste bin, picking up the Saint Seiya movies."
    I figured it was just a matter of time until this... (screw it, I can't be nice with this condescendance) idiot said something about this acquisition. But, well... maybe he can keep pushing his customers away... preferably to "Brand X!"

Leave a comment:

• Glorian
    replied

Originally posted by Sigma UFO View Post

"In other license announcements, Discotek continues to dig through the bottom of the industries waste bin, picking up the Saint Seiya movies."
    Did Discotek kill his puppy or something?
    Yeah, seriously, what's his deal there? He runs an anime store; wouldn't it be to his benefit to make new licenses sound as appealing as possible, since he would presumably want to, you know, actually SELL them at some point? And making digs at the people who actually provide the merchandise you sell doesn't seem like a good idea either. Some of his comments and behavior seem counter to his own interests.

Leave a comment:

• Sigma UFO
    replied

Did Discotek kill his puppy or something?

Leave a comment:

• Master Roshi
    replied

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X