This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robert from online retailer RACS

Ah, I've never had this issue before, and haven't really heard of it before now. I can certainly understand why people would be unhappy with that requirement, but at the same time, it doesn't seem like something Right Stuf would implement without good cause.
    My animé & figure collections
    Hummingbird
    || Tweeterings
    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by Ryos View Post
      Originally posted by Isuzu Inugami View Post
      No, no, no! It's a precious memento of 90s web design! It should be preserved, like a protected species! "Look, children, once we all thought this looked 'neat!'"
      http://www.angelfire.com/super/badwebs/

I never stayed long enough at the site to notice the otaku's typo. That's just awesome or something.
      Oh, man that brings back memories of just terrible websites back in the 90s. What would make it worse would be a tiled background where you can barely read the text.

Comment

Unlike apparently everyone else, I've had no real difficulty in navigating his site...garish colors and all.

I have bought from him in the past, and if he has stuff at a reasonable price (like imported soundtracks), he may get my business in the future.

Comment

Here is some more badmouthing from his newsletter today.

"In other license announcements, Discotek continues to dig through the bottom of the industries waste bin, picking up the Saint Seiya movies."

Comment

Originally posted by Master Roshi View Post

"In other license announcements, Discotek continues to dig through the bottom of the industries waste bin, picking up the Saint Seiya movies."
            Did Discotek kill his puppy or something?
            Seattle will never forget you, Electron Boy! - Donate to the Make-a-Wish Foundation
            Avatar: You're going to LOVE HER!!!!!
            Σ UFO = Mr. Nail Bat = Geoduck = Big Big Duck
            You can believe everything I say, as it is based on emperical data.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigma UFO View Post

Did Discotek kill his puppy or something?
              Yeah, seriously, what's his deal there? He runs an anime store; wouldn't it be to his benefit to make new licenses sound as appealing as possible, since he would presumably want to, you know, actually SELL them at some point? And making digs at the people who actually provide the merchandise you sell doesn't seem like a good idea either. Some of his comments and behavior seem counter to his own interests.

Comment

I figured it was just a matter of time until this... (screw it, I can't be nice with this condescendance) idiot said something about this acquisition. But, well... maybe he can keep pushing his customers away... preferably to "Brand X!"
                -dunno001
                -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
                -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                  Yeah, seriously, what's his deal there? He runs an anime store; wouldn't it be to his benefit to make new licenses sound as appealing as possible, since he would presumably want to, you know, actually SELL them at some point? And making digs at the people who actually provide the merchandise you sell doesn't seem like a good idea either. Some of his comments and behavior seem counter to his own interests.
                  It could be for any number of reasons. Perhaps he has an attitude of "I'll say how I feel even if it hurts me". Or maybe he's just saying such stuff in order to get attention. Also, keep in mind the following.

Some people assume any time a business says "This is worth trying out" that the said business is only saying it because of greed. You even get accusations that the said business is being paid off.

So by being "negative" you can appease such a crowd by giving the impression that you are not a puppet with strings being pulled by those "evil" companies trying to get people buy their in this case anime that must be bad.

On a side note, I demand he change his first name. He's no longer worthy of the name Robert.
                  "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                  Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

How about Bobby? Little Bobby A. Nime.
                    My animé & figure collections
                    Hummingbird
                    || Tweeterings
                    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                      Can't accept that. It can not be any variation of "Robert". Yes, I'm being shallow here.
                      "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
                        Can't accept that. It can not be any variation of "Robert". Yes, I'm being shallow here.
                        why? Ashamed you share his name in glory? hmmm, BOB?

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                          why? Ashamed you share his name in glory? hmmm, BOB?
                          Why? Because I'm being silly here? Or were people taking everything seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by stfram View Post
                            I have bought from him in the past, and if he has stuff at a reasonable price (like imported soundtracks), he may get my business in the future.
                            FYI, it's almost always cheaper to import CDs directly from Japan. Particularly, if you're getting several.
                            Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

How to others here really feel about Robert and/or RACS?
                              Bought from RACS & have been happy with the service. RACS does international orders on CC without Kleckner's id theft-risk hoops. Nuff said.

Comment

Some people assume any time a business says "This is worth trying out" that the said business is only saying it because of greed. You even get accusations that the said business is being paid off.

So by being "negative" you can appease such a crowd by giving the impression that you are not a puppet with strings being pulled by those "evil" companies trying to get people buy their in this case anime that must be bad.
                                This is the only explanation I've seen that makes sense for him. Otherwise biting the hand that feeds is considered to be stupid.
                                Moderator: Anime Recommendations, UK/AU

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X