Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Day SF & Fantasy Challenge Day 16: The Must-Adapt SF Series

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.fandompost.com/wp-conten...16-240x142.jpgStep up to our latest challenge!

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Hmm . . .If I only get one pick, I'd probably have to go with Dream Park, by Larry Niven and Steve Barnes. On one hand, its a sci-fi murder mystery set in not-Disneyland. On the other, its a fantasy epic to steal back the "Great Weapon" of World War 2 (circa 1950s) from the Cargo Cult. A ton of cool visuals.

If I get more picks, I'd like to see a big budget adaptation of the Evangelion series . . .then again, who wouldn't? A proper adaptation of Ender's Game would be nice, too

As for the impossible title? I'm tempted to go with Iain M. Banks's Culture novels. Yes, I know Amazon has optioned them . . .but I think they're going to run into huge problems. For one thing, the setting is so far in the future, the Culture makes Star Trek look like cavemen. Even with rampant CGI, that's going to be hard to pull off.

Second, I don't think the melancholy tone, or the multiple layers of metaphor, will translate well. The Player of Games, for example, could refer to the protagonist, the narrator, the Emperor of Azad, the Minds . . .plus, almost all the key scenes involve tabletop wargames (a la Warhammer 40k).
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X