Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questioning Fandom: Your Definitive Shojo Anime Or Manga

Widgets Magazine
    With a pretty varied staff here that comes from different “generations” of fandom, walks of life, and much more, there’s always a lot to dig into when it comes to various aspects of what clicks and defines certain things. Last week, we looked at*Netflix Anime & Chill?* and now we’ve shifted gears to get a […]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: Questioning Fandom: Your Definitive Shojo Anime Or Manga

I would agree with most of the reviewers that the most definitive shojo anime is Sailor Moon. After having read the manga a little over a year ago I got a better appreciation for it & now in my second rewatch of the origninal anime series (I'm on the first season now) it still remains to me as good as ever. There's a couple of other shows that haven't been mentioned yet that are also favorites of mine: Magic Knight Rayearth & Revolutionary Girl Utena. I first discovered MKR back in 2002 & it became an instant favorite for me before I had even finished the first season (I now own Discotek's blu-ray release & am SO glad to have it back in my collection). My first exposure to Utena was with CPM's release of "The Rose Collection" back around 2000 or so & the only question I had after watching those inital 13 episodes was "Is there more?". This (And by extension The Rose of Versailles, another favorite that I'm overdue for a rewatch) is IMO probably the next most definitive shojo series after Sailor Moon & it's also one that I'm glad to have in my collection.
    Avatar: Natsumi & Tokairin (You're Under Arrest!)
    FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
    Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...