Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questioning Fandom: The Spring 2013 Anime Season

Widgets Magazine
    With most series having hit three or four episodes at this point, it’s time to take stock of the season and see how we’re all feeling about it. This season has a long list of shows that have hit and a good majority of them are getting simulcasts or nearcasts, so English speaking fans and [...]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: Questioning Fandom: The Spring 2013 Anime Season

I guesss this season Im following about 21 shows (six continuing shows, and 15 news ones). Of those, I find that I have five that I feel are just really really amazing and that I love week after week.

Valvrave - Haruto is an amazing lead character, L-elf and his interactions are really pleasing to me in numerous ways, and just lots of good cast members. Its also really flashy and explosive, and angela! Best start to an anime in years. Good mechs
    Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% -Quartet Night has been a great addition, Cecil being involved is a step up, and just good music so far. Awesome.
    Karneval - Gareki and Nai are really good characters and the anime does a good job being pleasing to me in multiple ways while having nice amounts of action, great visuals, and a phenomenal ending theme song. Best part to Monday.
    Majestic Prince - Great mechs and comedy, and I like the five cast members. OP theme sounds wonderful and it just all around fun. Love the cast designs a whole lot (notice the avy)
    Devil is a Part Timer - Maou is so lovable and wonderful and I laugh so much in this, kind of a surprise for me as I though the anime would have been something else going in. I guess Maou, Alcial interactions and then just solid funny writing makes it really entertaining and fun.

While getting a lot of enjoyment from My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu , Arata: The Legend, and Mushibugyo (Jinbee's award winning personality and his voice is good).

Only shows I find bad are Flowers of Evil, which just started off really slow and dull and Sparrow's Hotel. Gargantia is probably tethering close to this side too as only Ledo is saving it for me and Chamber too. If it gets more flashy then maybe it would be wholly enjoyable.
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

I guess nothing has really changed since this for me.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I've become very picky with simulcasts; I don't watch as many new shows at once as I used to

I'm currently watching:

Hunter x Hunter (ongoing)
        Attack on Titan
        Samurai Bride
        http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com
        https://www.patreon.com/Jackson_VA_Data

Comment

I'm still following everything I initially tried, but at this point, my favorites, in no particular order, are:

Hataraku Maou-sama
          Oreimo.
          Muromi-san
          Gargantia
          Attack on Titan
          Aku no Hana
          Aiura
          Yuyushiki

Comment

This season hasn't worked well for me. I'm watching more new shows than ever (About 20 right now), and I'm only liking Crime Edge, Devil Survivor 2, and Attack on Titan. Then the shows that I like, but all that much are Yuyushiki, Henneko, Gargantia, Date A Live (Which I suspect I'm going to like more in the end) and Oreimo 2. Probably would be liking Arata: The Legend if it was adapted right (I really like the manga), rather than how it is now with them rushing through everything, and skipping various parts.

Everything else I'm watching isn't working for me at all.
            Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

I'm sort on a simulcast break for now except for Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S
              My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
              PSN: RYPLYLER
              3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X