Widgets Magazine

Questioning Fandom: What Incomplete Anime Needs To Be Finished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questioning Fandom: What Incomplete Anime Needs To Be Finished?

Widgets Magazine
    As the way anime series are created over the years has changed, with more shows being done based on manga that have only a few volumes to their name, we often get a lot of shows with some great promise that never get to be fully realized in anime form. As the series go on [...]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: Questioning Fandom: What Incomplete Anime Needs To Be Finished?

That is a tough question for me, as many of the manga or novels that I get in to are after watching the anime. So, often the anime feels complete and the printed form is just an extension. ("If you want to know more about ..., visit your library.")

Someday's Dreamer and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou are regular manga series I'd like to see more animated. I would gladly take in more Crest of the Stars, Twelve Kingdoms, and Lucky*Star. And I hope the on-going Hidamari Sketch keeps going on.

If they ever went for more Dance in the Vampire Bund, they should reboot it. I feel the anime got on the wrong track. I could say that about several shows. Like A Wizard of Earthsea / Tales from Earthsea.

I can't ask for more Shugo-chara anime; I wish for less that more closely followed the manga.

Comment

There are many out there. Here is my list of some titles.

Blue Exorcist
      Soul Eater
      Freezing
      Deadman Wonderland
      Elfen Lied
      Nagasarete Airantou
      I think maybe Haruhi could be one too
      Infinite Stratos
      And since Fairy Tail's anime is ending then I say that too. Hopefully it's just going on hiatus.

Comment

I'm also one wanting for Crest/Banner of the Stars. I love that series and would love to see more of it, especially with only getting the three Crest novels in English and not having a legal avenue to read the rest of the story to where it is now.

I'd go with Hajime no Ippo, as well as Fruits Basket. Those two are a couple of my favorite anime of all time and would love to see them animated more. What's nice about both of them is that they don't need reboots. It'd be really easy to just pick up where they left off last.

As for reboots, I'd love to see a Boys Over Flowers follow the manga directly.
        I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
        - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

I think I'd like to see more of Fruits Basket most of all.
          Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
          Scratchy for Tama is angry.
          I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
          Casual

Comment

Rozen Maiden is the first thing to come to mind. A new anime has been confirmed for it, but we don't know if it's a continuation or not. With how long its been since the original anime, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a new continuity and Traumend is left with an unsatisfying stopping point forever.

Having just recently rewatched it, Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) is another that comes to mind. In some regards, it's a fine stopping point, but in other regards it's not, particularly with how they seem to

Spoiler ->add more questions to the Shuu relationship side of things right at the end

that are never going to be followed up on in anime form.

Comment

Full Metal Panic, Haruhi, K-On, Zipang and Wandering Son. A bit of an eclectic list but all of these have manga/novels that continued past where the anime stopped. At least Haruhi, K-On and Wandering Son are being published here but TokyoPop's FMP novels never made it past the anime.

Comment

I'd say that Ghost Hunt needs an OVA to finish off its story. The anime ended with a life goes on feeling. But there are still several unanswered questions. That was obvious even to anime-only viewers. Those questions and more (big time more stuff!) are revealed in the final investigation of the novel series. The manga adaptation wasn't finished at the time of the anime. The final investigation hadn't been adapted. Now that it has been, it would nice to complete the anime version of the full series. (I won't even express any hope for an anime of the novel series' sequel that was written a few years later and is finally getting a manga adaptation. Just give me in anime form Ghost Hunt's conclusion and the truth of about Naru. That's all I ask.)
                Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

Usually I'm okay with manga-based anime that doesn't really "end", but there are some that I would love to see continued:

Eat-Man (the manga had some really excellent stories as it went on, and I'd love to see them, especially the Leon & Mole Arcs, animated)
                  Pet Shop of Horros (yet another case of simply wanting more stories to be aniamted)
                  Ring ni Kakero 1 (an obvious choice for those who are familiar with me; the footage made for the new pachislot machine last year was such a tease simply because that's the next story arc that would be animated)
                  Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                  Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

I'd like to see more of Princess Resurrection, Tenamonya Voyagers, MM, Nyan koi, Kenichi, Kurenai, Tokko, His and Her circumstances, Panty and Stocking, Gakuen Alice, UFO Valkyrie, and some already mentioned

Comment

Hmm... The only answer I can give is 'far too many'.

Comment

I'd like to see more Spice & Wolf.
                        Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Roshi View Post
                          I'd like to see more of Princess Resurrection, Tenamonya Voyagers, MM, Nyan koi, Kenichi, Kurenai, Tokko, His and Her circumstances, Panty and Stocking, Gakuen Alice, UFO Valkyrie, and some already mentioned
                          Ooh, I forgot about Kare Kano. I would jump for joy for either a continuation or even a reboot for that series.
                          I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
                          - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

I'd go with Haruhi. I can understand not continuing certain light novel adaptations like FMP, Spice & Wolf and BakaTest because their BD/DVD volume sales fell below the 5k threshold, but Haruhi sold through the roof even when the Endless Eight fiasco was in full swing, so I don't get why Kadokawa and KyoAni aren't making another season or movie.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                              I'd like to see more Spice & Wolf.
                              I would shout that from the top of Mt Everest!!!
                              Currently watching - A Certain Magical Index II
                              Finished watching - High School DXD New
                              Currently reading - Dragonar Academy, Haganai, Maria the Virgin Witch

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X