Widgets Magazine

Questioning Fandom: What Genres Does Anime Need Represented More?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questioning Fandom: What Genres Does Anime Need Represented More?

Widgets Magazine
    All things are cyclical to be sure when it comes to entertainment and we see different kinds of things coming back into play over the years, some more than others and some more prominent than others. When you look back at areas of entertainment over the decades, you can see different themes that stand out [...]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: Questioning Fandom: What Genres Does Anime Need Represented More?

Life after high school (university, work stories)- I want to see the K-On! girls at their university, not just more side stories or flashbacks. Clannad After Story did this wonderfully but there aren't many other examples.

More grown-ups - not really a genre, but I'm long past my high school days and would like to see more stories like Black Heaven and Zone of the Enders where it isn't the student council's job to stop the demon beast invasion.

I agree 100% about wanting more serious science fiction and space opera. I'll reference Western authors since that's what I've read.
    - for teens, look to Andre Norton, James Schmitz, others for YA fiction
    - for grown ups, David Drake's Hammers Slammers short stories and novels could be made into a gritty military SF series that might appeal to fans of Blue Gender and Gundam. The Lt. Leary serious might also appeal to Bodacious Space Pirates fans since this universe uses sailing for FTL travel.
    - for less violent fare look to authors like Larry Niven, Robert Forward, Greg Bear, David Brin. There are thousands of good stories where the science isn't just Star Trek reversed polarity babble or Star Wars magic.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X