Widgets Magazine

Questioning Fandom: Best Christmas Presents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questioning Fandom: Best Christmas Presents?

Widgets Magazine
    Christmas is almost upon us and we’ve done our best to not be heavily Christmas themed or holiday themed simply because it can be overwhelming with so much of it out there and a place to retreat to is nice. But with the day coming tomorrow, or just a few hours depending on where you [...]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: Questioning Fandom: Best Christmas Presents?

To me, the best presents are those that are not only the most useful, but also those that you have no idea that you're getting for Xmas. Some good examples of this include the laptop that my father got for me in 2008 and a Asus tablet that I received last year.
    Joseph Klemm
    "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
    Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
    Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

It may seem cold, but for me, it's cash. I'm still working on getting out of debt, and that's the best thing toward achieving this goal. Of course, with my going back to college this spring, the debt will continue to pile up... *sighs*
      -dunno001
      -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
      -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

Anime. Gobs of anime! :D

Comment

The best genre related present I've ever received would be a tie between a ceramic dragon that Serena (my oldest daughter) made me last year and a small Lina Inverse plushie she made me this year. My love for Slayers almost rivals that of Sailor Moon. The dragon is genre related because she told me it stood for being my "dragon slave."
          Photography, Cosplay, and Plushies
          My Cel Collection
          My DVDs ^_^
          Currently watching: InuYasha, Sakura Taisen, Tiger + Bunny

Comment

I'm not sure what a "genre present" is but I guess it'd be this year when I received a Rightstuf gift card from family members that I didn't know knew that I was into anime. It was really out of the blue but I get the feeling that I lit up like a Christmas tree over it. That's only genre thing I can think of.

Comment

I think one of the best christmas presents I ever received was an analog pedometer from my cousin. I'd been hiking for years but never bothered to actually keep track of how far I'd been walking. It was completely unexpected and after only a couple of walks became a necessity right up there with water bottles and a decent lunch.

That's the sort of things that always make the best presents (xmas, graduation or birthday). Something you weren't expecting, didn't know existed or didn't realize how useful it would be to you. Much better than the usual grab bag of useless clutter!

J. A.
              Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
              Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
              Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
              Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

The best presents are functional everyday items that i can never afford to buy since I spend all my money on my hobbies.
                Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X