Widgets Magazine

Questioning Fandom: What’s Your Dream Blu-ray Release?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questioning Fandom: What’s Your Dream Blu-ray Release?

I'll keep it simple... any movie or widescreen series that has only been released in either pan & scan/1.33 ratio or letterboxed (non-anamorphic) widescreen in America...

A few examples:
    Perfect Blue
    End of Evangelion (oh hell, throw Death & Rebirth in there, too)
    Initial D 3rd & 4th Stages
    Vandread

...and even examples outside of anime...
    The Abyss
    The theatrical-cut of the original Star Wars trilogy
    Nothing But Trouble (don't laugh, it's a guilty pleasure)
    Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

Millennium Actress
      Iria:Zeiram
      Golden Boy
      Tenchi Universe
      You're Under Arrest
      Trigun

Comment

For me (and in order):
        • Cardcaptor Sakura
        • Utena
        • Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
        • Cowboy Bebop
        • pretty much anything by Studio Ghibli (but a number of those are out and more are planned)
        Last edited by SpoilerHappy; 09-07-2012, 09:28 AM. Reason: added GitS:SC
        David
        Magical Girl Worshippers Unlimited - Dedicated to love, justice, frilly outfits, stunning transformations, cute talking furry mascots, and happy endings for all! | Avatar: Urara of Seraphim Call | My other addiction

Comment

Here's another vote for Cardcaptor Sakura and Utena! Ditto for Millennium Actress!
          "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."
          ---old Irish proverb
          Check out my MAL list!

Comment

I don't have any specific wish in particular, but I do wish that companies (especially Sentai) started to release ALL their licenses on BD if the series got a BD release in Japan. And they shouldn't shy away from doing sub-only BD releases (NIS America fortunately understands this).

Originally posted by doubleO7 View Post
            Howls Moving Castle
            Er, I have that one sitting on my shelves right now. Region A. With subs (and probably dub, didn't check). It is the Japanese Ghibli release of course, but if you really, really want it that shouldn't be an excuse.

Now I do wish they'd hurry up with the other movies. Spirited Away & Princess Mononoke still don't have a (Japanese) BD release. But hopefully (probably) that is just a matter of time.
            No Blu-Ray, No Buy. Seriously, it's 2016.
            My Backlog

Comment

Mainly the movies for me. I'm not that worried about the tv quality series.

But God it bugs the hell out of me to see Ponyo or Nausicaa or Whisper of the Heart in BD while just above them sit Spirited Away or Mononoke or my personal favourite Kiki's Delivery Service in glorious DVD! Arg......... :angry:

Macross Plus and both Patlabors would be nice as well. Plus the original (not version 2) Ghost in the Shell movie but with the version 2 DTS 6.1 soundtrack.

J. A.
              Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
              Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
              Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
              Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X