X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APEX Digital TV overscan problem

Widgets Magazine
    Hey look, I've got another problem that needs fixin! Yaaaaaaaaay >_>

I have an APEX Digital LE40H88 LED TV that seems to have a big problem with overscan, that is, the screen I'm seeing on the TV is being cut off because it isn't fitting within the TV's borders. Now I know that most TVs have this, but I really don't want it. But as far as I can tell, there's no where on the menu that I can find any sort of option that gets rid of this problem. I was wondering if there is any sort of way around this or not. Surely there must be some way to make the screen a little smaller so I can actually see all of it!

Re: APEX Digital TV overscan problem

is there a zoom feature? It sounds like the TV is set to magnify the image. Look for an option that has functions to change the aspect ratio properties, like 'auto', 'full', 'stretch', etc. If it's set on 'stretched', there's really nothing else you can do to alter the overscan (aside from using an external video processor). btw, does this happen on all sources?

Comment

No it's on "normal", but the edges of the screen still get cut off. None of the other aspect ratio options help either. And it does happen on all sources.

How can an external video processor could help?

Comment

Originally posted by CG-LOVER View Post
        No it's on "normal", but the edges of the screen still get cut off. None of the other aspect ratio options help either. And it does happen on all sources.

How can an external video processor could help?
        with an external vp, you can adjust the screensize by an underscan function. Works similar to zoom, but instead you're shrinking the entire image to fit within your TV's fixed border.

Comment

Are they expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by CG-LOVER View Post
            Are they expensive?
            yeah, you're probably better off just getting a new TV for the same price.

Comment

Well from what I hear, this overscan is usually prevalent in most televisions anyway, so I doubt getting a whole new one would be worth it.

Comment

Most tv's do overscan slightly. My 61" Samsung does although I didn't actually know this until I bought my first blue ray player. That was when I discovered that my Samsung had a third option called "Just Scan"; in addition to 4:3 and 16:9. On just scan, the picture shrinks ever so slightly over the 16:9 setting as the set communicates with the BD player over the HDMI input and perfectly sets up the width of the picture. Unfortuntely, this will only work over the HDMI inputs. Not the component or coaxial inputs. But it works perfectly with my anamorphic dvd's and blu rays using either of my two BD players and HDMI inputs.

If your set has HDMI inputs, you might want to check to see if it has any similar setting through them to my Samsungs "Just Scan" feature. Otherwise, you're probably out of luck.

J. A.
                Last edited by Otakufan; 01-13-2012, 12:22 AM.
                Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X