Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaming device suggestions

Widgets Magazine
    My PS3 has been serving me pretty well so far but when I tried out the FunimationNow, their PS3 app turned out to be badly behaved. It seems they've abandoned the PS3 and forgot to turn off the app, because it's pretty clumsy and even lost its token and demanded I log in again after watching for 15 minutes. Anyways, I got to thinking I should get a newer device for watching streaming services. I'm not interested in another gaming console.

Off hand the Roku Premiere looks pretty nice. Is there some other brand device that's more suited? Are there a good anime streaming services in the US that I'm possibly excluding by not going with another brand?

I ended up ordering the Roku Premiere because it's inexpensive (US$40), decently rated and about as independent as you can get in that market space. Pricier models included voice activation which I'd rather not get.
    Last edited by JeffDM; 10-10-2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I set up and used the Roku for a couple hours last night. I'm pretty happy with it. So far the channels behave similarly, combined with a relatively simple remote, limiting the problem of controls being different for every playback app like they were on the PS3. The mobile app makes it easy to enter passwords. I HATE cursoring around email/account/passwords. Notably the FunimationNow app on PS3 didn't accept input from a connected keyboard.

Comment

I've added more channels and there's more differences in control schemes. There's no apparent "off" or "sleep" mode but I guess it's not a problem when you're running off a Micro-USB connector. I appreciate they need to promote services but the promotions box on the right side of the channel screen is overly large.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X