4K Ultra HD Set-Up Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
    The only other thing I can think of to test is to split the audio and video from the Oppo over HDMI to the soundbar and TV but run an optical cable from the TV to the soundbar instead and disable ARC in the TV's settings.
    Finally got around to testing this out. Although I have still gotten some cases of losing audio at the beginning, this does seem to work the best so far, following by ARC, then HDMI IN. Thanks for the help.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

HDMI should be better than optical audio in every way, right? Just having the TV feed its audio to the soundbar through optical instead of HDMI seems to work so far while any HDMI option consistently loses the first few seconds of audio, but I don't like having to use an inferior option because of that. Given that revelation, any other ideas of how I might be able to get an HDMI option to work? Worth noting that the optical solution works even with the HDMI ARC connection intact and that setting enabled, but switching the input on the soundbar between the two connections sending audio from the TV to the soundbar causes the audio loss at the beginning for the HDMI ARC input (basically as it had for HDMI IN originally) and not for the Optical input.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Try setting the HDMI Audio format in the Oppo settings to either LPCM or Bitstream and see if that has any effect. Sometimes a delay like that is caused by the audio system, in this case, your soundbar, having to renegotiate what type of stream it's decoding. You'll notice this on some receivers' OSDs when different audio streams are played contiguously.

You can also try connecting the Main HDMI output from the Oppo to the HDMI in on the soundbar; and then connect the Arc-out from the TV to the HDMI-In on the Oppo. Disable all bluetooth connections/settings if you are not using it. One issue with this is you'll be using the Oppo as a switch/scaler where you'll need to manually select the input and have it on everytime you want to use other devices. It could potentially cause audio looping issues too, but you'll need to verify this with trial and error.

If you're still experiencing the delay, disconnect the soundbar from the chain altogether and just have the Oppo Main HDMI out connected to the TV HDMI-in. Disable Arc. If you're still hearing the delay, then it's likely your TV and not the Oppo. You'll want to adjust any of the TV's audio settings to see if it eliminates the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
          Try setting the HDMI Audio format in the Oppo settings to either LPCM or Bitstream and see if that has any effect. Sometimes a delay like that is caused by the audio system, in this case, your soundbar, having to renegotiate what type of stream it's decoding. You'll notice this on some receivers' OSDs when different audio streams are played contiguously.
          Unfortunately, neither of these options seemed to change anything.

You can also try connecting the Main HDMI output from the Oppo to the HDMI in on the soundbar; and then connect the Arc-out from the TV to the HDMI-In on the Oppo. Disable all bluetooth connections/settings if you are not using it. One issue with this is you'll be using the Oppo as a switch/scaler where you'll need to manually select the input and have it on everytime you want to use other devices. It could potentially cause audio looping issues too, but you'll need to verify this with trial and error.
          I think I followed these steps correctly, but I couldn't even get any video with this configuration.

If you're still experiencing the delay, disconnect the soundbar from the chain altogether and just have the Oppo Main HDMI out connected to the TV HDMI-in. Disable Arc. If you're still hearing the delay, then it's likely your TV and not the Oppo. You'll want to adjust any of the TV's audio settings to see if it eliminates the problem.
          Yeah, I blamed the Oppo at first because I noticed it far more with Blu-rays, but it's pretty definitely the soundbar, because going from the Oppo to the TV produces no delay, and now it's very consistent that the optical input on the soundbar also doesn't, while both HDMI options (Oppo HDMI Audio Out to soundbar HDMI In and HDMI Arc) produce a consistent delay.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
            Yeah, I blamed the Oppo at first because I noticed it far more with Blu-rays, but it's pretty definitely the soundbar, because going from the Oppo to the TV produces no delay, and now it's very consistent that the optical input on the soundbar also doesn't, while both HDMI options (Oppo HDMI Audio Out to soundbar HDMI In and HDMI Arc) produce a consistent delay.
            I have the same annoyance over video sometimes, too. It's just something I have to tolerate, especially when any device with switching capabilities will inherently have some lag to it when changing sources/codecs. Still, I consider it a minor irritation compared to something like UOPs on front loading trailers, top menus, etc...

Comment

I have the same annoyance over video sometimes, too. It's just something I have to tolerate, especially when any device with switching capabilities will inherently have some lag to it when changing sources/codecs. Still, I consider it a minor irritation compared to something like UOPs on front loading trailers, top menus, etc...
              Unless something somehow works out eventually, I think I'll just have to stick with optical for the time being. I wish I could go with HDMI, but I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose the first couple seconds of every episode at this point, which is really infuriating when they start straight into vocals for an opening, for example.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...