Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best TV to be viewed at an angle

Widgets Magazine
    Currently I am looking for suggestions on a TV (any size roughly 42 inches or so) that can be mounted over a fire place.

I have used these articles to give me some idea of what to look for
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7...plasma-vs-lcd/
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...-hdtv-edition/

I am concerned that the off angle will affect the picture. Any preferred TVs?
    Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
    Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
    Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Re: Best TV to be viewed at an angle

Can't recommend you one particular model off-hand, but as far as your main concerns, I think those articles are correct. You don't want to place your set above the fireplace unless you're constantly reclined. As for off-axis viewing, again, that article is right about Plasma being the best. Still, LCD isn't too bad if you're not directly viewing perpendicular to the set. Take into consideration of how far you'll be sitting too. The farther you are, the better on-axis viewing you'll have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
      Can't recommend you one particular model off-hand, but as far as your main concerns, I think those articles are correct. You don't want to place your set above the fireplace unless you're constantly reclined. As for off-axis viewing, again, that article is right about Plasma being the best. Still, LCD isn't too bad if you're not directly viewing perpendicular to the set. Take into consideration of how far you'll be sitting too. The farther you are, the better on-axis viewing you'll have.
      Would I be able to angle my TV to avoid having to recline as much? Unfortunately our living room is sort of a smaller size, and the fireplace is the logical focal point for the room. If we place the TV on a stand to the side of the fireplace, we actually block quite a bit of shelf space.
      Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
      Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
      Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie View Post
        Would I be able to angle my TV to avoid having to recline as much? Unfortunately our living room is sort of a smaller size, and the fireplace is the logical focal point for the room. If we place the TV on a stand to the side of the fireplace, we actually block quite a bit of shelf space.
        I can't swear to this because my TV is not mounted on the wall, but the hardware it came with for mounting seems that it would allow it to swivel some. (I don't know if this is standard; mine is manufactured by Sharp.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie View Post
          You'll get by if the fireplace isn't too high from the floor. Depending on the mount you use, having one that has an arm that can swivel out and pivot to various degrees might give you a more comfortable viewing angle. I don't imagine it'll be set up similar to your local bar's TVs, where you might be sitting right beneath them, so an angle closest to eye level that you can accommodate with the space you have should be okay.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X