Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI Cable Advice?

Widgets Magazine
    I need help finding a reliable 8-10 ft HDMI cable that will last for many years, but won't cost me more than $30...can anyone here please help me out?

The HDMI cable would have to be male-to-male, with both audio and ethernet return (optional).
    My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Re: HDMI Cable Advice?

Have you looked at Monoprice? I just bought 10' HDMI cables from them. I can't swear that they'll last for many years since I just bought them. But their other cables have done fine so far. I can swear that you won't pay $30 for them. They have audio return, but I'm not sure about the ethernet return. I don't use that functionality.

Link to Monoprice's HDMI cable page: http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...02&cp_id=10240
    Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

I'll second the Monoprice recommendation. Their cables are excellent and the build quality is high so they'll last.

This HDMI cable is what you're looking for: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
      Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Monoprice is generally always the best option.

Comment

I can also highly recommend Monoprice for HDMI cables and just about any other kind of cables too. I bought the 10ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI® Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black over 6 years ago and have had no issues with it at all. It still works like a champ. Monoprice ships based on item weights, so you might want to order a few other cables you may need from them to make it worth your while with combined shipping costs.
          My Anime List - My Collection
          Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
          Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
          Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

I got two amazon branded ones and another type for less than what it cost to ship them (like $10). HDMI is all the same, just get the one in whatever version you need that costs the least. Whatever you do, just don't buy one at retail. They charge like 6-10x the price for no good reason.

Comment

I picked up two 8 ft. cables from Monoprice three to four years ago when I got my first BD player. The cables were soooooo ridiculously cheap that the shipping charges to Canada were more than the price of the cables combined. Even then it came to less than $20. It would be even cheaper for an American. And the cables are FIRST CLASS! Never a lick of problems with either one!

Now I'd like to hijack this thread for a moment and ask a question of my own:

Someday when my present TV dies; I'll probably buy a new one with 3D capability. When that day comes; will I still be able to use my present HDMI 1.3 Monoprice cables? Or would I need new HDMI 1.4 cables for 3D BD to TV compatibility?

J. A.
              Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
              Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
              Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
              Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Originally posted by Otakufan View Post
                Someday when my present TV dies; I'll probably buy a new one with 3D capability. When that day comes; will I still be able to use my present HDMI 1.3 Monoprice cables? Or would I need new HDMI 1.4 cables for 3D BD to TV compatibility?

J. A.
                You'll need HDMI 1.4 cables if you want 3D capability. HDMI 1.3 is insufficient. FYI: At Monoprice at least, HDMI 1.4 cables are marketed as "high speed HDMI" cables. You'd be hard-pressed to find a reference to HDMI 1.4 in their descriptions.
                Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

Originally posted by LKK View Post
                  Originally posted by Otakufan View Post

J. A.
                  You'll need HDMI 1.4 cables if you want 3D capability. HDMI 1.3 is insufficient. FYI: At Monoprice at least, HDMI 1.4 cables are marketed as "high speed HDMI" cables. You'd be hard-pressed to find a reference to HDMI 1.4 in their descriptions.
                  Thanks very much for the info! I'll keep that in mind!

J. A.
                  Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                  Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                  Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                  Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X