Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BD playback software on PC

Widgets Magazine
    PowerDVD just sent out an update that disables BD playback on their older software. This was the program that came with my BD drive. It kind of pisses me off, and I'd rather not give them money for the required upgrade when they can choose to deny the service whenever they feel like it. Are there any free, reliable programs I can use instead?
    Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Re: BD playback software on PC

That's something I've been trying to find for a while now... I have Corel WinDVD to play BD on my laptop (came with it), and it hasn't done anything like what PowerDVD has done to you, thank goodness... but it's clunky as all hell to use.

I'd be very interested to know if there are any free BD software apps out there, as well.
    Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

I haven't seen any free programs that work with everything.

Best I've used is Arcsoft TMT, but it isn't free.

Comment

Not sure if VLC has BD playback, but I'm fairly certain even the DVD decryption used there (libdvdcss2/libdvdread4) are unlicensed, and I'm pretty sure they're illegal under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.
        My animé & figure collections
        Hummingbird
        || Tweeterings
        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Damn, I feared as much. Looks like my BD drive is useless for a month or two until I can afford to buy new software.
          Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X