Widgets Magazine

What's a good stereo 2.1 speaker set for my PC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good stereo 2.1 speaker set for my PC?

Widgets Magazine
    Last one dropped off the table & broke. I was happy with 2 speakers but would like a 2.1 set, or just 2.0 again.

Re: What's a good stereo 2.1 speaker set for my PC?

Originally posted by Njr Resurrection View Post
    Last one dropped off the table & broke.
    I hate when that happens (and it has to me, too)!

I was happy with 2 speakers but would like a 2.1 set, or just 2.0 again.
    I don't have the audiophile ear of some of our peers here, but I've been very satisfied with a 2.0 set of Logitech speakers I bought at Amazon, the X-140 2.0 Speakers. These I got specifically for my home desk to plug into either of my laptops for those times I wanted to watch a DVD (anime, naturally) or play a game or mystery theater podcast and didn't need to be quiet for others via headphones. As this desk of mine is open on three sides, I did not want to have to deal with a subwoofer to get in the way (plus that much extra bass would probably net me complaints such that I would have to go back to headphones), so I specifically sought out a 2.0 set. These have dials to set tone and volume (and on/off), but remember to coordinate the volume setting of the adjustment knob to your computer's output volume setting. These two speakers feel sturdy, look good, are a good size for my environment, and produce good sound for me, plus are a very reasonable price.
    Last edited by SleepyDog; 02-01-2013, 10:48 PM. Reason: Proofreading, always proofreading.
    Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
    Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

Thanks for the rec SleepyDog. Have added to my pressie list. Waiting....

Comment

Last one dropped off the table & broke. I was happy with 2 speakers but would like a 2.1 set, or just 2.0 again.
        What's your budget? I'm generally a fan of studio monitors for this application.
        Avatar: Ruri "Kuroneko" Gokou from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

I just imagined Najimi wearing a frilly dress and twirling in front of a mirror in excitement... it's horrifying...
        -Tsuyuri, Doujin Work

Comment

I really love my Altec Lansing 2.1 Speaker System. I think you can find them still in Walmart stores for $25.

Comment

I have a pair of KRK Rokit 5 studio monitors that are really nice. I don't know what kind of budget we're on, but they're not expensive in my opinion.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X