Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues playing BDs on my PS3

Widgets Magazine
    Well it happened twice over the week once when i was watching Justice League Doom and the other time was when i was watching Saint Seiya Movies (JP). That the screen would go black for a moment then comes back and freezes unless you fast forward or backward. I used the BD cleaning disc but the issue happened once again during my view of Justice League. I wonder if this is a common issue for PS3s if they had issues or should i save myself the hassle and get a good BD/DVD up-scaling player ?

I don't recall having similar issue while playing games. Which is kinda strange

Any tips or advise is highly appreciated.
    Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Re: Issues playing BDs on my PS3

Could be handshaking issues. Did you update to the latest firmware? Sometimes BD players have problems with particular titles and firmware updates tend to resolve those issues. Could also be that any weird cadences are triggering the momentary blackouts. Did you disable 24p output on the PS3? Set it to 'off' and see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

it can be your laser is going bad or hold the buttion in and go in safe mode . you can read up on it on the playstation website

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
        Could be handshaking issues. Did you update to the latest firmware? Sometimes BD players have problems with particular titles and firmware updates tend to resolve those issues. Could also be that any weird cadences are triggering the momentary blackouts. Did you disable 24p output on the PS3? Set it to 'off' and see if that fixes the problem.
        Yup I have latest firmware update, what's the 24P and how do you disable it ? Sorry but I am really a rookie with these stuffs.

For the lens/laser going bad, is it possible that it affects the movies only but not the games ? If so is it better to change the lens ?
        Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
          Yup I have latest firmware update, what's the 24P and how do you disable it ? Sorry but I am really a rookie with these stuffs.

For the lens/laser going bad, is it possible that it affects the movies only but not the games ? If so is it better to change the lens ?
          here is the link that talks about safe mode http://us.playstation.com/support/an....htm?a_id=1488
          please choose option 3 and 4 you might have to do it more then once . if you think it not working let me know in a private message me and i can fix the laser for you .

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
            Under 'Settings'>'Video Settings'>'1080p 24 output'. Set to 'off'.

It's possible it could be the lens, but then playback should be affected with other discs, not just those you mentioned. It can affect games if they consistently load from the disc, or while playing cutscenes, loading maps, etc. If you didn't encounter any of that during gameplay, then the lens might not be the problem. If you still suspect it is, and your console is under warranty, get a replacement, since you can't just change the OPU (lens assembly) like you can with the HDD.

Comment

i do know how to change the laser in the ps3 it quite simple but if you not good in electronics do not attempt it . i fix computers for a living

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X