Widgets Magazine

The Trails of Series (Cold Steel, Sky, Etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Multiplatform] The Trails of Series (Cold Steel, Sky, Etc)

Widgets Magazine
    The purpose of this topic is to talk about the Trails series. So far I've finished Sky FC and Cold Steel 1. To be honest, it took me awhile to finish both. The problem with Sky FC is I got pretty far in my PSP save, but then was told to start over due to translation issues. And I found starting over is not the same as replaying. The latter is a choice made by a motivation. The former is a motivation killer.

Eventually I did finish Sky FC by going back to playing the PSP version and used videos to see the translation differences. There were some moments of frustration with the game, but over all I enjoyed the experience. I'd say Tita is my favorite of the optional members. I'll definitely get around to SC eventually.

Motivated by the third game coming out this year, I've also managed to finally get around to playing and finishing Cold Steel 1 on PS3. Hopefully I'll get around to doing the same for Cold Steel 2. I can't deny that in some ways, it does feel like Cold Steel 1 is a bit padded out. Heck during dialog scenes I wanted to tell the characters to take five seconds to breath. Even so it was a good game over all. Even if the C stuff made me head desk.

My favorite character in at least Cold Steel 1 is probably Emma or Alisia. Well among playable characters anyway. If we go by characters in general, Towa is the best.

Ok, truth be told I'll likely forget about this topic. I also don't know how soon I'll get back to playing Sky SC or Cold Steel 2. The main point of this topic is just to say I've been playing games in the Trails series and despite some issues enjoying the experience. Trails (and Falcom in general) are part of what I want to focus on gaming wise this year. We'll see if I manage to finish more games in the series this year or not.
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
    Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X