Widgets Magazine

What are your favorite games of 2017?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Multiplatform] What are your favorite games of 2017?

Widgets Magazine
    I'm really interested in what your favorite games of 2017 are.

Okay I will start then.

1) DJMax Respect I'm a big fan of rhythm games and this one is definitely my favorite there are 191 songs if you count every dlc released up till now. It's fun playing songs over and over and seeing how you get better and better. There are lots of different songs some are easy but there are also lots of crazy hard songs. The only downside is that it doesn't work that well with the PS4 controller, so to finish the hardest songs probably some kind of special controller is needed.
    2) Nier Automata People always bitch around that games are too long this game can be finished in 25 hours. Nier Automata is probably the game with the best story released in 2017.
    3) Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue /Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix I was finally able to play all the old Kingdom Hearts games and these are still very fun to play. I hope that Kingdom Hearts 3 will really be released 2018.
    4) Persona 5 Game is awesome but the dungeons are too long didn't manage to finish it 2017. Only made it to the fourth dungeon.
    5) Digimon World Next Order Unlike Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth this game is more like the TV series. I always liked the TV series so it was pretty clear that it would be one of my favorite games in 2017.

Best console game: Super Mario Odyssey. Easily the best level design ever for a 3D Mario game, and the possession mechanic worked amazingly well in concert with those levels. Also, the graphics, sound, and feel of play are head and shoulders above what the other guys do, even after all these years. If only, ah, if only, they would just stop the "save Princess Peach" thing. There are plenty of Mario games (mostly outside the main series, but including the Wii U title Super Mario 3D World) that prove she can handle herself.

Best handheld game: Metroid: Samus Returns. If only I were a more talented player and could progress further. The game controls well, and the addition of the counterattack mechanic got me out of some tough spots. I want to see more 2D Metroid on the Switch, where they can push the graphics and gameplay beyond what the 3DS can do.

Best mobile game: Fire Emblem Heroes. It's deceptively simple, with turn-based play covering an eight-by-six-panel grid that was clearly designed with the iPhone SE and other small smartphones in mind, but sometimes the battles are more like puzzles than fights; the gacha character acquisition method is sometimes frustrating; but I haven't spent a dime in nearly a year on this game and I can sneak fun in whenever my day hits a lull.
    I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
    Stephen King

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X