Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Widgets Magazine
    So this dropped late Thursday night. It's a remake of the second FE game and it certainly shows its age: No shipping, no children, no weapon triange (nobody can even equip an axe!), no pairing or neighborhood bonus stats. All the niceties of Awakening and Fates are gone except for (optional, and preferred in my opinion) Casual Mode. And yet? It's a fun, reasonably deep tactical RPG. They've pushed the 3D graphics to the limit of what the non-New 3DS can do and it looks quite good. I haven't tried out amiibo features or the DLC (which is, even as a discounted season pass, more expensive than the game itself!), but now I'm well into Act 2 (out of 5 in the main game, I've seen) and I think it's a game I could hang with for a good long while. I've put hundreds of hours into Fates, even playing as recently as Thursday because I've tried new marriage combinations, but I think Echoes will take its place.
    I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
    Stephen King

Finished Shadows of Valentia today. Over all it was a good game, but sometimes it could get frustrating. The most important thing to note. Genny is love and Delthea is amazing. Will probably do the post game Act later. Have not bothered getting any of the DLC. Not saying I never will, but for now, I have higher priorities.
    I think it's his fault because he was messing around during practice! -Koto (Kyousougiga)
    I also think he should have apologized! -Koto (Kyousougiga)
    And he shouldn't be so weak! -Koto (Kyousougiga)
    Avatar: Nanase Morina of Piace: Watashi no Italian

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X