Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemist of Dusk Sky

Widgets Magazine
    Well, for all the Atelier fans a new game has been revealed. It's kind of an interesting name but not surprising since the game is featuring two protagonists, one female and one male. Escha is really cute; I love her design, but she has a tail!? The ability to freely change characters during battle is interesting. It's reminiscent of Final Fantasy X. Apparently, while the story will be the same regardless of whether you choose Escha or Logy, there are scenes unique to each character play-through. The developers are also fixing the lip-synching problems the other Atelier games had. The game is set to come out June 27 of this year.

I'm still waiting for my copy of Ayesha to arrive, but I'm kind of excited to see what this game will turn out like. Hopefully it gets localized, but ever since Tecmo Koei America took over the Atelier series their less-than-stellar handling of the games has me worried.

Re: Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemist of Dusk Sky

A male protagonist? Even with the option of the Escha, they don't really get the fanbase
    Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
    Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Classical View Post
      I'm still waiting for my copy of Ayesha to arrive, but I'm kind of excited to see what this game will turn out like. Hopefully it gets localized, but ever since Tecmo Koei America took over the Atelier series their less-than-stellar handling of the games has me worried.
      I'm pretty sure that Tecmo/Koei America will localize this game in the future (as the company helped released numerous NIS America games, meaning that they are aware that the Atelier franchise has an American fan base). However, the big question is whether the game will get a retail release or if it will be PSN only (and if it's going to be a stealth one at that a la the Vita release of Totori last week).
      Joseph Klemm
      "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
      Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
      Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
      Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Well, for all the Atelier fans a new game has been revealed.
        Dammit, I'm supposed to start these threads. ;_; Next time I won't wait for the title and magazine scans. <_<

Anyway, I'm immensely irritated about the addition of the male character, especially since he looks like he's going to adhere to more typical masculine hero standards. I'd be less bothered if he was, say, a clumsy dork.

I do like the part about 6 character parties swapping during battles though, makes me hope they'll do something like the Mana Khemia games with the swap-out bonuses and skills.

I'm also surprised that its coming out in June already.
        So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Re: Atelier Escha &amp; Logy: Alchemist of Dusk Sky

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
          However, the big question is whether the game will get a retail release or if it will be PSN only (and if it's going to be a stealth one at that a la the Vita release of Totori last week).
          Unless Ayesha bombed, I think there's a good chance this new game will get localized, so the PSN only thing is my big concern. I have no interest in getting a digital version of an Atelier game, and given the lack of promotion with Vita Totori (not to mention it being digital-only) and the almost non-existent promotion of Ayesha I just get this notion that it isn't beyond Tecmo Koei America to give this next Atelier game a PSN only release. Anyway, it's pointless for me to freak out about anything right now until something actually happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
            Well, for all the Atelier fans a new game has been revealed.
            Dammit, I'm supposed to start these threads. ;_; Next time I won't wait for the title and magazine scans. <_<

I'm also surprised that its coming out in June already.
            I was kind of surprised no one started a thread about the game last week, when news was circulating about this new project. Now I know why. If you're the de facto authority on Atelier games you should start these threads as soon as rumors start circulating!

Kidding aside, the June date isn't really surprising. It seems that lately Gust has been churning out the Atelier games yearly.

Comment

I was kind of surprised no one started a thread about the game last week, when news was circulating about this new project. Now I know why. If you're the de facto authority on Atelier games you should start these threads as soon as rumors start circulating!
              Yeah, I mainly didn't want to have to bother mods with a request to change the thread title only a week later. And since there was almost no other information to post, it made more sense to do it when there were details like the name of the main character with it.

Kidding aside, the June date isn't really surprising. It seems that lately Gust has been churning out the Atelier games yearly.
              Oh yeah, its been a yearly series since.... actually, pretty much since it started, but certainly since Rorona. It's around the time I would have expected based on when past games released, but I also expected them to be announced several months earlier. I believe Ayesha and Meruru were announced in December. Since we're just hearing about it in March, I figured it would release later than usual, maybe more around August or September.

Comment

Escha is really cute; I love her design, but she has a tail!?
                Yes, she is. That and her having a tail interests me. In any case, it's nice to know she has a name now.

Comment

Male protagonist?! I can finally play the series. Cant wait to get this if it comes west!
                  AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

I'm curious what this Atelier series will look like with that Dynasty Warriors engine they're using. I'd imagine it'll be leaps better than Ayesha.
                    Mari can't pull herself together because the Girl Friends Complete Collection 2 is about to be released by Seven Seas ON JANUARY 8TH or else Akko will get.....
                    Girls' Love Festival 10!!! 9/29/2013, On the edge of October; not exactly Labor Day!
                    Follow my VERY useful thoughts on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by angelx03 View Post
                      I'm curious what this Atelier series will look like with that Dynasty Warriors engine they're using. I'd imagine it'll be leaps better than Ayesha.
                      I don't know if its related to the engine or not, but they've already mentioned that it will use lip-syncing.

Comment

Someone pointed out something pretty interesting on Twitter:
                        Also I'm sold on the Escha&Logy → Escha to Logy → Eschatology bit (I'll let you get back to Garupan now)
                        I think its unlikely that was an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                          Male protagonist?! I can finally play the series. Cant wait to get this if it comes west!
                          Atelier Iris 1, 2, and 3 had a male protagonist, FYI. So did Mana Khemia (and Mana Khemia II had both).
                          Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

I'm a little surprised this hasn't been posted, but Wilbell is once again making an appearance in this game (yay!). Additionally, a new character has been reveal. Her name is Lucille. Here's a bad scan of how they look like. Because of the image quality, I can't really comment much on how they both look, though I'll say Lucille looks cute.

Comment

I'm very happy that Wilbell is making a return, presumably as a playable character. If Lucille is a party member, she might be the youngest Atelier party member (that isn't actually 30 and turned into loli) since.... well, at least on the PS3, I don't remember the PS2 games very well but I can't think of any characters younger than about 12 that actually joined the party.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X