Re: Random anime eBay listings spotted on eBay

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    Originally posted by WTK View Post
    As before? Wonder what happened
    No one worked up the (financial) courage to jump on it, I guess. I would imagine that the seller is in a position where he/she may not mind keeping the set, but also wouldn't mind having cash instead, hence the high (but not out of line with past pricing on eBay) price and the BIN-only listing. Like, if it goes, then great, but it has to go at that price otherwise keeping it is the better option. Or, the seller simply doesn't want to be accidentally screwed over if the high bid somehow ends up being only $200 or something.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    Not a bad price, considering that's as much as I paid for it new.
    As before? Wonder what happened

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buster Blader 126
    replied

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
    It's kind of funny, but not surprising, that it hasn't been snatched up already. That's not a bad price, given the range that sets have been going for (including the auction that ended last week, regardless of that seller including the replacement box), but getting someone to just lay out $900 right away is harder than getting that same person all fired up to outbid someone else up to $900.
    And that was exactly my point.

While it'd probably be more likely for somebody to bite at a high BIN for Kara no Kyokai, this doesn't tend to be the case for many other items. From my experience, you start the bid really low, or set the bid at the price you want it to go for.

Ugh, I'm still pissed that I got burned on my Durarara!! DVD auction.

It's kind of funny, but not surprising, that it hasn't been snatched up already. That's not a bad price, given the range that sets have been going for (including the auction that ended last week, regardless of that seller including the replacement box), but getting someone to just lay out $900 right away is harder than getting that same person all fired up to outbid someone else up to $900.

There were five other people who were willing to go $900 or higher for the set that sold last week. I wonder where they all are now?
    Who knows? Not saying that they are, but any one or a few of those bidders could just be friends/colleagues/family artificially setting the value. And if it doesn't work out, the transaction could always be cancelled, ready for a new listing with no real loss to either party.

It could also be an overseas bidder willing to buy under a weak dollar..proxy bidding or not, it probably ends up much cheaper for them than it is for a domestic buyer.

Still, US$1k isn't trivial given the original discounted retail price it had during its limited availability.
    I guess it wouldn't be too hard to find somebody you know who lives in a different city to help you bring the price up. Otherwise, I imagine that eBay's pretty good at finding shillers.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Originally posted by Buster Blader 126 View Post
    & @ the owner of the Kara no Kyokai listing: good luck, buddy.

There were five other people who were willing to go $900 or higher for the set that sold last week. I wonder where they all are now?
    Who knows? Not saying that they are, but any one or a few of those bidders could just be friends/colleagues/family artificially setting the value. And if it doesn't work out, the transaction could always be cancelled, ready for a new listing with no real loss to either party.

It could also be an overseas bidder willing to buy under a weak dollar..proxy bidding or not, it probably ends up much cheaper for them than it is for a domestic buyer.

Still, US$1k isn't trivial given the original discounted retail price it had during its limited availability.

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buster Blader 126
    replied

If anybody wants a chance to bid on Maison Ikkoku Box Set 8 at an exorbitant, yet "it-could-be-worse" price, here you go.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

---

Leave a comment:

• Buster Blader 126
    replied

You know, sometimes I think I should really list my set for sale..... as of the bid end, just shy of $1k
    That was me when I debated buying a second copy of the set to see if I could potentially make a profit out of it. I just couldn't justify it at the time, I would've been really tight on my finances if I did.

As for the copy I own, I have to say that while I don't like KnK THAT much - I still need to finish movies 6-7 + the OVA, actually - there's something about it that endears me to this series.

You know you're a collector when $1000 versus keeping a totally unnecessary duplicate copy of something is a tough choice.
    That statement got me to pull out my stray, sealed copy of Galaxy Angel Rune Vol. 4 that I found in Seattle over a year after it went extinct and think the exact same thing.

Granted, I don't think I'd make nearly as much money with it. (The thing's practically priceless since I've never seen it on the secondary market. Who knows how much it would go for?) But Collector's Mentality kicks in and I'm just happy that I own something as rare as that.

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied

Originally posted by LOUiE View Post
    It's got 46 bids and up to $473 at this point. With 5 days left, makes me wonder how high it'll go.
    There was a set that went last month with a BIN price of $699.95. I'd say this auction should end up with a final price of at least that much.
    You know, sometimes I think I should really list my set for sale..... as of the bid end, just shy of $1k
    That sort of thing does make me wonder at times whether I really do want to keep the second, unopened set that I picked up from TRSI just because I could at the time. You know you're a collector when $1000 versus keeping a totally unnecessary duplicate copy of something is a tough choice.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Originally posted by LOUiE View Post
    It's got 46 bids and up to $473 at this point. With 5 days left, makes me wonder how high it'll go.
    There was a set that went last month with a BIN price of $699.95. I'd say this auction should end up with a final price of at least that much.

Leave a comment:

• DiRF
    replied

That shipping cost... yikes.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine