Random anime eBay listings spotted on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random anime eBay listings spotted on eBay

FYI, I ordered one just for the heck of it. I received the Aloha Oe Crew Edition as listed.

As a general comment, I've ordered from Clover Media a bunch of times, via eBay and their (now defunct) Amazon Marketplace storefront, over the past couple of years, and never had any issues, except for one occasion where I had one item missing from a multi-item order, where it turned out they ran out, and they promptly replied to my message and then issued me a refund.

They were the ones clearancing out a bunch of the Sankarea LE broadcast version a while back, which is perhaps how some folks here might be familiar with them without realizing it. For a while they were pushing quite a bit of new FUNimation product at liquidation prices, some of which you can see referenced earlier in this thread. For example, I grabbed a copy of the Shana movie for $3 one time, amd some other LEs for less than $20. And on very rare occasions they would end up with some of the weirdest stuff (I have my theories as to why, but nothing concrete) that they would then price way low just to move it, perhaps not quite knowing what they actually had their hands on; and thus I acquired a new copy of the Japanese Blu-ray box of Shigofumi for $55.

It's been a while since they've had anything too interesting, anime-wise, though. This Space Dandy set is probably the most notable anime item they've had for some time. There are a few other FUNimation items they're selling, for low prices, though not exactly amazingly low.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
      FYI, I ordered one just for the heck of it. I received the Aloha Oe Crew Edition as listed.

As a general comment, I've ordered from Clover Media a bunch of times, via eBay and their (now defunct) Amazon Marketplace storefront, over the past couple of years, and never had any issues, except for one occasion where I had one item missing from a multi-item order, where it turned out they ran out, and they promptly replied to my message and then issued me a refund.

They were the ones clearancing out a bunch of the Sankarea LE broadcast version a while back, which is perhaps how some folks here might be familiar with them without realizing it. For a while they were pushing quite a bit of new FUNimation product at liquidation prices, some of which you can see referenced earlier in this thread. For example, I grabbed a copy of the Shana movie for $3 one time, amd some other LEs for less than $20. And on very rare occasions they would end up with some of the weirdest stuff (I have my theories as to why, but nothing concrete) that they would then price way low just to move it, perhaps not quite knowing what they actually had their hands on; and thus I acquired a new copy of the Japanese Blu-ray box of Shigofumi for $55.

It's been a while since they've had anything too interesting, anime-wise, though. This Space Dandy set is probably the most notable anime item they've had for some time. There are a few other FUNimation items they're selling, for low prices, though not exactly amazingly low.
      Hmmm, thanks for the info. Was the boxset itself in perfect condition, and did they package it so that it would be protected during shipping? I suppose at that price I may as well order it no matter what, but I'm still hoping to get a mint copy, which obviously was too much to hope for via Amazon's typical shipping quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoofer View Post
        Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
        FYI, I ordered one just for the heck of it. I received the Aloha Oe Crew Edition as listed...
        Hmmm, thanks for the info. Was the boxset itself in perfect condition, and did they package it so that it would be protected during shipping? I suppose at that price I may as well order it no matter what, but I'm still hoping to get a mint copy, which obviously was too much to hope for via Amazon's typical shipping quality.
        The outside of the set is in perfect condition. I haven't removed the shrinkwrap and opened it, since I'm probably going to just gift it to someone, so I can't speak for the set's contents. To play to anyone's paranoia, there's always the possibility that the set was opened at some point and the contents rummaged through and/or partially removed and the box re-shrinkwrapped, but who knows? I highly doubt it, of course.

That being said, I can't recall how many reports (or not) there were of damage to the items back when it was originally released, since there's too much space in the box for the contents and they all bounce around quite freely.

The set was shipped in a cardboard box that was almost the same size as the set itself, which was good enough for me. I'm personally a fan of using boxes larger than the contents and adding packing material or spacers a la TRSI (it's also how I pack and ship all my eBay sales), but the next best thing is making sure there is little to no extra space, which was the case here.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Thanks again to you both for convincing me to give Clover Media another chance. I ordered it and it was indeed the Amazon edition, and it arrived in perfect condition (in a shipping box exactly as Hayate described). Obviously saved quite a bit of money as well, since Amazon clearly didn't want it given the condition of the sets (and typical reckless packaging) they sent me. Par for the course for Amazon.

Comment

Black Butler: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD LE) [FYE B&M exclusive]

This currently can be purchased for $50.14 (50% off; MSRP is $99.99). There is about 6+ hours left with this discounted price. There are 2 brand new copies left from this seller as well.

Note: it's not known if Funimation will make this LE release available to other retailers (B&M and/or online).

EDIT: sold out on November 27th
            Last edited by WTK; 12-01-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
              Black Butler: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD LE) [FYE B&M exclusive]

This currently can be purchased for $50.14 (50% off; MSRP is $99.99). There is about 6+ hours left with this discounted price. There are 2 brand new copies left from this seller as well.

Note: it's not known if Funimation will make this LE release available to other retailers (B&M and/or online).

EDIT: sold out on November 27th
              1 new copy @ $59.95 (BIN): http://www.ebay.com/itm/192112514430

Comment

• Black Butler: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD LE) [FYE B&M exclusive]

Someone is selling a sealed copy @ $49.99 (Buy It Now).

Comment

• Black Butler: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD LE) [FYE B&M exclusive]

Someone is selling an used copy @ $69.99 (Buy It Now).

Comment

• I see Discotek has started using their eBay account again
                    There are a few OOP titles, notably Crying Freeman and Venus Wars
                    https://www.ebay.com/usr/discotekmedia

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X