Random anime eBay listings spotted on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random anime eBay listings spotted on eBay

If anybody wants a chance to bid on Maison Ikkoku Box Set 8 at an exorbitant, yet "it-could-be-worse" price, here you go.

& @ the owner of the Kara no Kyokai listing: good luck, buddy.
    Avatar: The dashing Shizuku Kanzaki, from The Drops of God.

May it rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Blader 126 View Post
      It's kind of funny, but not surprising, that it hasn't been snatched up already. That's not a bad price, given the range that sets have been going for (including the auction that ended last week, regardless of that seller including the replacement box), but getting someone to just lay out $900 right away is harder than getting that same person all fired up to outbid someone else up to $900.

There were five other people who were willing to go $900 or higher for the set that sold last week. I wonder where they all are now?
      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
        Originally posted by Buster Blader 126 View Post
        It's kind of funny, but not surprising, that it hasn't been snatched up already. That's not a bad price, given the range that sets have been going for (including the auction that ended last week, regardless of that seller including the replacement box), but getting someone to just lay out $900 right away is harder than getting that same person all fired up to outbid someone else up to $900.

There were five other people who were willing to go $900 or higher for the set that sold last week. I wonder where they all are now?
        Who knows? Not saying that they are, but any one or a few of those bidders could just be friends/colleagues/family artificially setting the value. And if it doesn't work out, the transaction could always be cancelled, ready for a new listing with no real loss to either party.

It could also be an overseas bidder willing to buy under a weak dollar..proxy bidding or not, it probably ends up much cheaper for them than it is for a domestic buyer.

Still, US$1k isn't trivial given the original discounted retail price it had during its limited availability.

Comment

And that was exactly my point.

While it'd probably be more likely for somebody to bite at a high BIN for Kara no Kyokai, this doesn't tend to be the case for many other items. From my experience, you start the bid really low, or set the bid at the price you want it to go for.

Ugh, I'm still pissed that I got burned on my Durarara!! DVD auction.

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post

Who knows? Not saying that they are, but any one or a few of those bidders could just be friends/colleagues/family artificially setting the value. And if it doesn't work out, the transaction could always be cancelled, ready for a new listing with no real loss to either party.

It could also be an overseas bidder willing to buy under a weak dollar..proxy bidding or not, it probably ends up much cheaper for them than it is for a domestic buyer.

Still, US$1k isn't trivial given the original discounted retail price it had during its limited availability.
          I guess it wouldn't be too hard to find somebody you know who lives in a different city to help you bring the price up. Otherwise, I imagine that eBay's pretty good at finding shillers.
          Avatar: The dashing Shizuku Kanzaki, from The Drops of God.

May it rest in peace.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
              Not a bad price, considering that's as much as I paid for it new.
              As before? Wonder what happened

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                As before? Wonder what happened
                No one worked up the (financial) courage to jump on it, I guess. I would imagine that the seller is in a position where he/she may not mind keeping the set, but also wouldn't mind having cash instead, hence the high (but not out of line with past pricing on eBay) price and the BIN-only listing. Like, if it goes, then great, but it has to go at that price otherwise keeping it is the better option. Or, the seller simply doesn't want to be accidentally screwed over if the high bid somehow ends up being only $200 or something.
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Comment

Some obvious tomfoolery going on with the Sailor Moon sets. Both have been bid up to precisely 100 dollars.
                    Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

And with the exact 3 same bidders on both of them. It is possible that the 3rd bidder only wanted to go up to $100 and gave up at that for each one, while the 2nd bidder has a higher stake on it. Season One's auction has more interim bids up to $100 from the 3rd bidder, but Season Two has only one flat $100 bid. It is a bit questionable, but I don't know if I'd be too suspicious about it.
                      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                        And with the exact 3 same bidders on both of them. It is possible that the 3rd bidder only wanted to go up to $100 and gave up at that for each one, while the 2nd bidder has a higher stake on it. Season One's auction has more interim bids up to $100 from the 3rd bidder, but Season Two has only one flat $100 bid. It is a bit questionable, but I don't know if I'd be too suspicious about it.
                        It just seemed like someone figured out roughly how much was bid on the first season, assumed the high stakes bidder bid the same amount on both items, and then proceeded to bump the second season to 100 in a single bid out of spite.
                        Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                          Some obvious tomfoolery going on with the Sailor Moon sets. Both have been bid up to precisely 100 dollars.
                          Unless there was a retracted bid, it doesn't really seem too suspiscious to me. (eBay won't show retractions unless you have a stake on the item.) Whoever u***u is bid $100 on them, and I'd guess that k***s was seeing how little they could get a winning bid for, hence the multiple bids on set 1. Now, if there was a retraction, then k-s is probably a shill bidder trying to get prices up artificially, and frankly, eBay doesn't care about that. I filed a complaint about an auction I won where it happened, and they said there was no proof, despite my having plenty to the contrary...
                          -dunno001
                          -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
                          -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

EDIT: Oh wow...this Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box 1 to 7 [new] bundle ended @ US $1,475.00 (55 bids).
                            Last edited by WTK; 10-10-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

EDIT: Oh wow...this Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box 1 to 7 [new] bundle ended @ US $1,475.00 (55 bids).
                              Damn.. I guess, if I ever have a financial emergency, I know what to sell.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X